Improving on the venerable PVS14 model by packing the same features into a lighter streamlined housing, the AGM PVS14 Omega 3AL1 1x19 f/1.26 Gen 3 Level 1 Night Vision Monocular is more than 2 ounces lighter—making it more comfortable to wear on your head or helmet with less fatigue. AGM also redesigned the controls into a four-button panel that puts them all in one easy to use and reach place.
A wide 51° field of view, more than 10° larger than standard PVS14s, maximizes situational awareness for improved maneuverability, mobility, and safety. The PVS14 Omega can be handheld as a conventional NV monocular for surveillance and navigation, mounted on your head or helmet for completely hands-free operation with flip-up to turn off / flip-down to turn on functionality. It can also be weapon mounted with optional accessories for use with your conventional daytime optics, like reflex sights or scopes, in the dark.
The PVS14 Omega is outfitted with a 3rd generation autogated image intensifier tube. Autogated intensifiers constantly operate to improve image clarity and contrast in dynamic lighting conditions. The tube condition is designated Level 1: Representing the cleanest tube without spots for the clearest views. It is equipped with manual gain control so you can precisely control the brightness of the image tube to match your preference and as light conditions change. This helps reduce or eliminate night blindness caused by brightness differences perceived between your naked eye and one looking through a night vision monocular on your head or helmet.
Its aluminum housing is treated with a scratch-resistant and non-reflective anodized finish and sealed to an IPX8 rating making it waterproof and submersible to a depth of 66'. Included accessories include a demist shield to prevent fogging, a daylight filter for training, and a protective sacrificial window. The AGM PVS14 Omega is made in the USA.
- Multipurpose night vision device can be used handheld, worn on a head/helmet for hands-free use, and can be weapon mounted so you can use conventional daytime optics at night
- Intensifier tube amplifies ambient light to allow a user to see in extremely low light and requires moonlight or bright starlight to function properly
- Unmagnified 1x power ensures an exceptional 51° field of view to maintain situational awareness and scan terrain for targets
- 19mm f/1.26 lens system ensures a compact and lightweight form factor for maneuverability over rough terrain or in close quarters
- Advanced Gen 3+ autogated intensifier tube
- Autogated tube automatically controls the amount of light reaching the intensifier so that bright lights do not damage the unit and to reduce blooms
- "Level 1" tube condition has no spots and indicates a very clean tube for the clearest views
- 64-72 lp/mm resolution
- Multi-coated optics enable maximum IR transmission so as much light gets to the intensifier tube as possible
- Built-in infrared (IR) illuminator provides additional light with a range of up to 10' (3m) for better visibility at close range without giving its user's position away
- 10" minimum focus distance allows user to perform tasks like gear checks and packing/unpacking without giving away their position
Use & Handling
- Four-button interface puts all functions, including manual gain control, on one panel that is easy to find and use in the dark by touch
- Flip-up turn-off/flip-down turn-on functionality when worn on the head or helmet makes its use easy and intuitive without having to fumble for switches
- Objective lens and eyepiece focusers ensure crisp and sharp views
- In-view LED indicators for low battery, IR illuminator on, bright light conditions
- -6 to +2 dioptric correction allows easy use for those who require corrective eyewear
- Manual gain control allows the user to adjust image brightness and adapt it to current ambient light conditions while reducing or eliminating night blindness
- Automatic bright light shut-off prevents damage to the photocathode tube
- Winged eyecup: Adjustable for left or right eye use, the eyecup conforms to the contours of the user's face to prevent outside light (like from streetlamps or flashlights) from interfering with the user's ability to see, and prevents light from the display from leaking out and giving away the user's position
- Daylight filter: Fits over objective lens and reduces light input to a safe level, allowing safe use in the daytime—especially useful for training
- Demist shield: Used to prevent the eyepiece lenses from becoming fogged
- Sacrificial window: Replaceable window and used to protect the objective lens during operation in adverse conditions, such as wind-blown sand that can scratch/etch glass and affect clear views
- Head mount: Secures the monocular to the head, allowing for use with a weapon, protective mask, or in other situations where both hands need to be free—it is adjustable and cushioned for comfort with brow pads to accommodate users of in other situations different sizes
- Head/helmet mount adapter: Attached to the monocular allowing the user to mount the device in front of either eye
- Soft carrying case: Holds the monocular, head mount, battery, and accessories, with two slide keepers that can be attached to a belt and three D-rings that can be used to strap it to a leg or shoulder. Removable shoulder strap offers another carrying option
- Compact 4" length is easy to pack, carry, and use handheld
- Light 8.4 ounce weight allows it to be worn on the head or helmet without causing excessive neck strain or fatigue
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy housing
- Scratch-resistant and reflection-limiting matte black finish
- IPX8-rated to be waterproof and submersible to a depth of 66'
- Broad -60 to 120°F operating temperature range
- Runs on one included AA alkaline battery