Swift Optical combines one of their student-proof microscopes with a National Optical Moticam 2MP camera to give you the M3603C-USB Cordless Monocular Microscope. This bundle puts a powerful microscopy device in your hands for all kinds of scholastic, laboratory, and industrial work with the convenience of a rechargeable battery system, so you can take it with you into the field. The camera mounts into the dedicated port on the head so you can send the views of your specimen to a Windows or Mac computer in up to 1600x1200 resolution to label, measure, print, send, and store them.
The M3600 series is their flagship student-proof offering, and the Swift Optical M3603C Cordless Monocular Microscope is a versatile model in the lineup. Built to hold up to use and abuse, the eyepiece and objectives are fixed in place while the stage is moved up and down to achieve focus.
Its monocular head is set at a comfortable 45° angle to the body for a natural and comfortable viewing position and is equipped with a 10x eyepiece that, when combined with the objectives, produces magnifications from 40x to 400x. The objectives are all parfocal and parcentered, so that little or no focus adjustment will be required when changing magnifications and the center of the view will remain consistent between objectives.
Its dual-speed coaxial focuser features a tension adjustment on the coarse adjustment so there is no slippage when the knob is released. A large 5.75x4.75" stage has integrated easy-to-use slide clips that can be used with one hand to make changing slides fast. The lower LED illuminator has a rheostat to control the intensity and is directed through a 0.65 N.A. condenser with an iris diaphragm to give you extreme control of the light coming through to the stage. Utilizing current LED technology delivers higher light efficiency than a conventional tungsten bulb with a cool operating temperature that prolongs specimen life when viewing live material, while also being energy efficient to extend battery life.
- Simple monocular head that is set at a 45° angle to place user's head in a comfortable viewing position
- Triple-objective turret is mounted in reverse position to facilitate ease in changing slides with ball bearings for smooth and precise positioning of objectives
- Color-coded objectives provide fast identification of the selected magnification
- Environmentally friendly lead-free objective glass
- Integrated camera port on top of the head allows easy use of an optional Moticam camera
- Curved body with integrated carry handle promotes proper and safe handling
- 18mm 10x Pointmaster eyepiece has an in-view pointer
- Three magnification choices provide a wide range for a variety of applications: 40x, 100x, 400x
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), and 40xR (0.65 N.A.) objectives
- Objectives are parfocal so little or no focus correction is required when switching between magnifications and parcentered so the center of the view will remain the same when changing objectives
- Dual-speed coarse and fine coaxial focusing mechanism produces tack-sharp views for all users
- Tension adjustment on the focuser eliminates stage drift when the knob is released
- Stage moves up and down to achieve focus—eyepiece and body remain fixed in position
- Large 5.75 x 4.75" stage easily holds specimens other than slides
- Built-in NA 0.65 condenser with iris-style diaphragm with lever control allows user to improve their subject's contrast for better views
- Variable-intensity lower LED illuminator provides transmitted specimen illumination
- Cordless design makes the microscope ideal for field work
- LED illuminator is more energy efficient than traditional bulbs, greatly increasing battery runtime
- Runs on three included rechargeable AA nickel hydride batteries that provide up to 40 hours of runtime
- 110 VAC battery charging cable included
- Use plugged in within a classroom or lab setting without damaging batteries for extended runtime
- 5 LED battery status indicator
The 2.0MP Moticam 2 Digital Camera for Microscopes from National Optical & Scientific Instruments, Inc. is an easy to use, plug-and-play digital camera for both compound and stereoscopic microscopes. The camera is able to mount on any microscope that has a C-Ring adapter. The adapter will attach to the camera body and mount to the microscope. The camera also comes with 30mm and 38mm adapter rings to fit standard microscope eyepiece holder diameters. The adapters are adjustable to hold the camera centered in the microscope field of view, and provide either still or moving digital images to a computer using the included USB 2.0 cable and software. The included imaging software also allows you to enhance, label, measure, print, and catalog your recorded imagery with ease, and works with Windows XP or above, and Mac OSX.