The M3600 series is their flagship student-proof offering, and the Swift Optical M3604-4 Corded Monocular Microscope is a step-up from the base models in the lineup, offering a larger 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser instead of the smaller 0.65 N.A. built-in style. Designed to hold up to use and abuse, the eyepiece and objectives are fixed in place while the stage moves up and down to achieve focus—this keeps the delicate optical components safe from tampering or getting hit out of alignment.
Its monocular head is set at a comfortable 45° angle to the body for a natural and comfortable viewing position and is equipped with a 10x eyepiece that, when combined with the objectives, produces magnifications from 40x to 1000x. The objectives are all parfocal and parcentered, so that little or no focus adjustment will be required when changing magnifications and the center of the view will remain consistent between objectives.
Its dual-speed coaxial focuser features a tension adjustment on the coarse adjustment so there is no slippage when the knob is released. A large 5.75x4.75" stage has integrated easy-to-use slide clips that can be used with one hand to make changing slides fast. The lower LED illuminator has a rheostat to control the intensity and is directed through a 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser with a precision spiral diaphragm that gives you extreme control of the light coming through to the stage. The aperture of the condenser is larger than the highest-power objective, so you can be sure that the appropriate amount of light is transmitted to the specimen at all magnifications. Utilizing current LED technology delivers higher light efficiency than a conventional tungsten bulb with a cool operating temperature that prolongs specimen life when viewing live material.
- Simple monocular head that is set at a 45° angle to place user's head in a comfortable viewing position
- Quad-objective turret is mounted in reverse position to facilitate ease in changing slides with ball bearings for smooth and precise positioning of objectives
- Color-coded objectives provide fast identification of the selected magnification
- Environmentally friendly lead-free objective glass
- Integrated camera port on top of the head allows easy use of an optional Moticam camera
- Curved body with integrated carry handle promotes proper and safe handling
- 18mm 10x Pointmaster eyepiece has an in-view pointer
- Four magnification choices provide a wide range for a variety of applications: 40x, 100x, 400x, 1000x
- DIN standard 4x (0.10 N.A.), 10x (0.25 N.A.), 40xR (0.65 N.A.), and 100xR (1.25 N.A.) objectives
- Objectives are parfocal so little or no focus correction is required when switching between magnifications and parcentered so the center of the view will remain the same when changing objectives
- Dual-speed coarse and fine coaxial focusing mechanism produces tack-sharp views for all users
- Tension adjustment on the focuser eliminates stage drift when the knob is released
- Stage moves up and down to achieve focus—eyepiece and body remain fixed in position
- Generous 5.75 x 4.75" stage easily holds specimens other than slides
- Large 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser with spiral diaphragm allows the user to precisely control the amount of light transmitted to the specimen to improve their subject's contrast for better views
- The condenser aperture matches the highest power objective, ensuring complete light coverage of the specimen at the highest magnification
- Variable-intensity lower LED illuminator provides transmitted specimen illumination
- Powered by a standard 110 VAC US wall plug for lab or classroom applications