Part of the HDL Series of speakers, the white RCF HDL 28-A is an active speaker module designed to be used as part of a long-throw concert line-array sound system for touring sound reinforcement for small to medium venues, concert halls, and outdoor events. The speaker provides ultra-linear amplitude response, while also being easy to stack and fly. It is well suited to withstand the rigors of live sound reinforcement or rentals applications in performance venues, clubs, corporate spaces, houses of worship, mobile DJ setups, and more.
The HDL 28-A is equipped with a 2200W peak, Class-D digital amplifier, which drives 1600W into the dual 8" woofers and 600W into the 1.4" compression driver. The crossover is set at 750 Hz. The speaker delivers a frequency response of 50 Hz to 20 kHz with a peak SPL output of 135 dB, and 100°H x 15°V coverage. The integrated DSP offers low-latency loudspeaker processing, while phase and amplitude are corrected using proprietary FiRPHASE technology conceived for delivering a natural and transparent sound, with a balanced stereo image.
- The RCF HDL 28-A features state-of-the-art RCF transducers with neodymium magnets.
- RCF’s experienced engineering teams have specially developed and matched each component—starting from the power supply through the input board, to the amplifiers and transducers, right up to the complete HDL 28-A system.
High-Frequency Compression Driver
- 1.4" diaphragm titanium compression driver with 3" voice coil
- 750 Hz crossover point
- Two 8” woofers with 2.5” voice coil and neodymium magnets
- Low frequencies handling down to 50 Hz
- Cone finished in water-resistant fiber
- Surrounding polycotton M-roll
- Hyper-vented magnetic structure
- The custom-designed 4 PATH waveguide allows a precise coverage of 100 x 15 degrees, while also delivering an excellent linear high-frequency response.
- The unique shape of the four ducts forming the guide creates an ideal isophasic load from 750 Hz up to the highest audible frequencies.
- The low-latency, 32-bit DSP section deploys a remarkable amount of processing power for live performances with straight-forward control and monitoring of single parts of the module, including rigging angles and transducer performance via RDNet.
- Thermal and RMS protections preserves the speaker's performance and helps to ensure reliability.
The Acoustic Beauty of Symmetry
- The symmetrical design of the cabinet produces identical left and right coverage of 100 x 15°.
- The component positioning and special DSP crossover filtering of the HDL 28-A take care of the constant directivity without spots of break up or attenuation.
- The front baffle provides coplanar woofers, controlled low-frequency dispersion, and the high-frequency waveguide.
- The advanced rigging concept derives directly from its big brothers: the RCF HDL 30-A and HDL 50-A.
- The integrated mechanics are both fast and reconfigurable, allowing the system engineer to create J-shaped and spiral arrays.
- The hardware is designed for easy and fast setup. The angle can be adjusted on the ground before the system is hung and slipped automatically into the correct position as the array is pulled up.
- Up to 20 HDL 28-A modules can be fastened on a single flybar.
RDNet Connections for Networked Control
- Array and Zones Grouping with multiple-type EQ, Bass Shaper, and FiRPHASE EQ
- Auto scan and complete monitoring
- Shape Designer Array Calculator with subwoofer configuration helper
- Adjust hi-pass, EQ, gain, and delay on individual components
- Complete realtime monitoring
- Automatic cluster size shaping and air compensation