With lens coatings that help to produce bright and clear views—even if you get caught in an unexpected shower—the Opticron 8x24 Traveler BGA Binoculars have design elements that make them well suited to travel, watching sports, or going to the theater.
Phase-correcting and highly reflective Oasis prism coatings on the BAK4 roof prism system maximize light throughput and minimize diffraction, ensuring views are as bright as possible with sharp contrast and crisp clarity. The lenses are anti-reflection fully multi-coated to further improve light transmission. The combination of lens and prism coatings ensure views are bright and clear with accurate color rendition.
Designed for going wherever your travels take you, the housing is watertight and nitrogen filled, so they won't fog up from temperature change. They are further equipped with twist-up eyecups to accommodate eyeglasses and an adjustable diopter to compensate for prescription eyewear. The center focus knob is easy to reach so you can comfortably achieve a tack-sharp image. Their bridge is built with two hinges that allow the optical tubes to fold and tuck under, minimizing their footprint to fit into just about any pocket, pack, or purse. Extremely compact and weighing just 8.5 ounces, these binoculars will be your constant companion in the field, at the stadium, or jet-setting around the world.
- 8x magnification brings subjects in close without sacrificing performance
- 24mm objectives helps to maintain the compact form factor and light weight
- Compact roof prism light path ensures a slim profile without sacrificing performance
- BAK4 prism glass delivers a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Phase-corrected prisms increase image contrast and correct for chromatic aberration for true color rendition
- Proprietary high-transmission Oasis prism coatings maximize light transmission, limiting internal diffraction and light loss
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission to ensure bright and clear images with accurate colors and improved contrast and clarity
- 330-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge/dual-hinge configuration provides a stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Wide low-profile center focusing wheel reduces snag risk and maintains a compact design
- Right-eye dioptric correction allows user to compensate for optical prescription to produce sharper views and lock the correction against accidental movement
- Wide 31-71mm interpupillary distance adjustment range enables easy use by a wide variety of users, especially children
- Twist-up eyecups for easy use with or without eyewear
- 15mm eye relief provides improved viewing comfort and reduced eyestrain during long glassing sessions
- 3mm exit pupil
- Extremely small folded footprint is just 3.7x2.6-inches—easily fits in most pockets, packs, and purses
- Dual-hinge design allows the optical tubes to fold and tuck under the bridge to present the smallest possible profile for easier packing and carrying
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging
- Protective rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip in wet conditions
- 8.5-ounce weight