With a magnification—objective lens configuration that is ideal for long-range observation and identification in all light conditions, the green Athlon Optics 10x42 Neos G2 HD Binocular delivers bright and clear images with true-to-life color and crisp clarity.
This binocular features BAK4 roof prisms with anti-reflection multi-coated optics that work together to produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate colors and crisp clarity. Its apparent angle of view approaches wide angle to present an immersive observational experience that helps to reduce the distracting hand shake that is common when using high-power optics and limits your need to move your head side to side when you're scanning the landscape or tracking moving subjects.
To reduce weight, without sacrificing strength or durability, the chassis is made of a polycarbonate material and wrapped in a slip-resistant armor with raised palm pads that offer a slip-resistant grip even in cold and wet weather. Designed to stand up to a life lived outdoors, the optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to make them waterproof and fogproof even when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions. Athlon includes tethered front and rear lens caps to add an additional layer of protection in the field, with the ability to react quickly when unexpected glassing opportunities present themselves without fear of losing the caps.
- Powerful 10x magnification brings distant subjects in close for detailed observation
- 42mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability versus smaller objectives while helping to maintain a compact form factor
- Compact roof prism light path ensures a slim profile without sacrificing performance
- BAK4 prism glass delivers a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics maximize light transmission to ensure bright and clear images with accurate colors and improved contrast and clarity
- Apparent angle of view approaches wide angle to show wide swaths of the landscape to make scanning for targets and tracking moving targets easier
- 309-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration offers a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large, slip-resistant center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate in cold or wet conditions or when wearing gloves
- Right-eye dioptric correction allows for precise focusing even for those who normally require corrective eyewear
- 56-72mm interpupillary adjustment range allows easy use by a wide variety of people
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Integrated 1/4"-20 socket on front of center bridge hinge accepts an optional tripod mount for easy hands-free use to relieve arm fatigue and limit vibrations
- 14.1mm eye relief
- Comfortable 4.2mm exit pupil covers most pupils as they open in low light to limit vignetting of the scene
- Lightweight and durable polycarbonate chassis
- Chassis material is temperature resistant, preventing the expansion and contraction that is common with metal, which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time and prevent sharp focus
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Protective slip-resistant rubber armoring with raised palm pad ridges improves grip security
- Tethered objective lens caps and ocular rainguard offer maximum lens protection without the risk of losing them during use