The 45° angled viewing Athlon Argos HD 20-60x85 Spotting Scope combines a powerful zoom range, a large objective, and a suite of optical coatings to make this spotter optimized for long distance and low-light performance.
Its wide magnification range allows you to scan wide swaths of the landscape for subjects on low power with the ability to quickly zoom in and make detailed observations and identification. The large 85mm objective lens is engineered for maximum light-gathering ability with complementary anti-reflection fully multi-coatings on the lenses to maximize light transmission, enhance image contrast, and improve clarity and resolution. The eyepiece is set at a 45° angle to the scope's body to place your head in a comfortable viewing position whether you're standing, sitting, or lying prone.
Durable construction details and a user-friendly design match the optical performance of the spotting scope. The focus collar is oversized and textured for nonslip handling in the rain or when wearing gloves. The housing is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to deliver fog and waterproof performance in extreme weather and temperature changes. For added protection, the chassis is made of a lightweight and strong composite material to provide a shock-resistant foundation for the optical system. A rotating tripod collar outfitted with a standard 1/4"-20 mount make the Argos HD a full-featured spotting scope for a wide range of outdoor activities.
- Powerful zoom eyepiece offers a wide 20-60x magnification range that enables the user to scan wide areas of the terrain for subjects with the ability to zoom in for detailed observation and identification
- Large 85mm objective lens draws in the light required to ensure subjects remain bright and clear, especially when viewing at extreme distances at maximum magnification or in low and challenging light conditions
- Porro prism light path with phase-correcting coatings limits internal diffraction and interference—improving light transmission, contrast, and clarity
- Broadband anti-reflection multi-coatings maximize light transmission to deliver enhanced low-light performance, true color rendition, and improved resolution
- 102-foot field of view at 1000 yards on 20x, 48-foot on 60x
Use and Handling
- Eyepiece is set at a 45° angle to the scope's body to place your head in a comfortable viewing position whether you're standing, sitting, or lying prone
- Oversized and textured focus collar is easy to manipulate even when wearing thick gloves
- Twist-up rubber eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Long eye relief at all magnifications helps to reduce eyestrain to make viewing more comfortable
- Wide 4.2mm exit pupil on 20x will cover most pupils as they open in low-light conditions
- Lightweight and strong composite chassis
- Armored rubber body protects optics from impacts while offering a positive grip during setup and breakdown
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme weather conditions and temperatures
- 360° rotating and locking tripod collar enables precise eyepiece placement based on viewing position or personal preference and comfort
- Standard 1/4"-20 thread on foot for mounting on most photo/video/field tripods and heads
- Stay-on/view-through case with removable strap offers additional protection while providing full access to the tripod mount, focus knob, and eyepiece, making setup and breakdown fast and easy