Ideal for beginners, students, and microscopy enthusiasts, the BRESSER Duolux 20-1280x Monocular Microscope is a versatile device that reveals the hidden microscopic world around us.
Optically, you get two eyepieces that provide 5x and 16x magnification with a 2x Barlow lens that doubles each eyepiece's power. A three-position nosepiece holds 4x, 10x, and 40x objectives, and by combining these with the eyepieces and Barlow, you can produce a low 20x power for larger specimens like coins and stamps or dial up the magnification to an astounding 1280x to reveal cellular details. To easily document, save, and share your specimens, BRESSER includes a high-definition USB eyepiece camera that connects to a computer running the included software suite.
An innovative stage design and dual LED light sources allow you to quickly and easily convert it from incidental to transmission and back, so you can view a wide assortment of specimens in quick succession. A combination filter wheel and diaphragm make it easy to set the proper light color and transmission for any specimen you're viewing. An independent dimmer control and joysticks that enable you to finely adjust the light position ensure you are putting the perfect amount of light exactly where you need it.
To get you started, BRESSER includes blank slides, a set of preparation tools including tweezers, and a pipette. If you don't want to prepare your own specimens, there is a set of prepared slides so you can start your microscopy journey immediately. Finally, you are also given a complete shrimp hatchery, so you can observe the full life cycle of shrimp. The base of the microscope has a large drawer that you can use to store all the accessories and keep them safe.
- Wide and versatile magnification range from a low of 20x to a maximum of 1280x
- Monocular eyepiece set at a comfortable 45° angle
- Dual 20mm diameter eyepieces: Low 5x is ideal for larger specimens and high 16x allows users to get see exceptional details
- Three-position nosepiece holds 4x, 10x, and 40x objectives
- 2x Barlow lens effectively doubles the magnification of each eyepiece, producing the impressive high powers
- High-definition 1280x720 resolution USB eyepiece camera allows users to document and share specimen views
- Included USB cable and software suite connects camera to computer (Windows 7/8/10, 32/64 bit)
Stage & Illumination
- Dual-mode capability allows the user to choose either incidental (reflected) for solid specimens like ceramic or metal, or transmission type for translucent specimens like cells
- Upper and lower LED illumination with independent on/off and dimmer control
- Low-profile joystick enables the user to finely adjust the light position for optimum illumination
- Combined color wheel and diaphragm allows the user to adjust the transmitted light to suit the specimen
- Slide clips on stage
- Runs on 230 VAC (European) power cord or two AA batteries
- Large table with drawer on base holds eyepieces, accessories, tools, and slides
- Preparation needles
- Shrimp hatchery with shrimp eggs and food
- Gum media to prepare permanent slides
- Box of blank slides and covers
- Assorted prepared slides