The pocket-sized iFi AUDIO hip-dac is a portable, USB DAC and headphone amplifier designed to provide high-resolution audio at home on your PC/Mac, or on the go, when playing or streaming music on your iOS/Android smartphone or tablet.
The hip-dac is equipped with a Burr-Brown DAC chip that can handle PCM files up to 384 kHz. It offers support for Tidal's MQA high-resolution streaming format as well as DXD and DSD file formats. Add the GTO digital filter for better compatibility and technical performance than non-oversampling, while delivering a transient-optimized performance that differs as little from non-oversampling as possible.
The amplifier provides a balanced output of 400mW at 32 ohms or an S-balanced output of 280mW, giving it the ability to drive high-impedance headphones, while the PowerMatch switchable gain adjusts the input sensitivity to match the level of drive to the load of your headphone. The built-in IEMatch circuit delivers a hiss-free response from sensitive headphones and in-ear monitors. S-Balanced wiring technology supports headphones and in-ear monitors fitted with balanced wiring, while providing unbalanced headphones with the benefits of a balanced circuitry, including low noise, low distortion, and half the crosstalk.
The hip-dac is equipped with a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, which provides up to 12 hours of continuous operation. It ships with a USB data cable, an OTG (Android) cable, a USB charging cable, and four silicone pads.
- Burr-Brown True Native chipset means file formats remain unchanged
- Listen to music as the artist intended in the format in which it was recorded
- Hi-Res True Native playback of all music formats from MP3 to DSD256, PCM384, and DXD384
- MP3: popular format that's compatible with every device in the world
- DSD (Direct Stream Digital): high-quality audio format, better than CD quality. The higher the number (sample rate), the better the recording—DSD64, 128, 256, 512, and 1024
- PCM (Pulse Code Modulation): most common format for CDs and DVDs
- DXD (Digital eXtreme Definition): very-high-quality PCM format, developed to edit hi-res (high quality) recordings recorded in DSD
Master Quality Authenticated
- Listen to Master Quality Authenticated audio straight out of the box
- Connect to Tidal Masters and check the option to stream MQA
- XBass analog bass correction system corrects for the missing headphone/speaker bass response
- Superior method to the traditional single-ended circuit approach
- Balanced circuits reduce noise and crosstalk
- Less Interference—clearer sound
- S-Balanced circuit delivers maximum performance from single-ended and balanced headphones alike
- Enjoy high-quality sound for up to 12 hours, even if you are using headphones requiring a lot of power such as the HifiMan HE-6 or as little as Sennheiser IE-800
- Pocket-sized, portable DAC and amplifier for use on the go with PC/Mac and mobile audio devices
- Play or stream Spotify, iTunes, and Youtube content from your smartphone or tablet—compatible with iOS and Android
- Burr-Brown DAC can handle PCM files up to 384 kHz as well as DXD and DSD format—DSD offers up to 256 times the sample rate of a CD
- Supports MQA high-resolution streaming format
- Lithium-polymer battery provides up to 12 hours of continuous operation
- Includes USB cable, USB charging cable, and OTG cable for Android phones
- Includes four silicone pads