This pair of black 6.5" QSC AcousticDesign Series AD-S6 is a surface mounted, 16 ohm, 6.5" passive two-way loudspeaker system ideally suited for a wide variety of foreground and background sound reinforcement applications, including restaurants, retail, audio/visual, education, concourses, casinos, transportation terminals, houses of worship, and large system ancillary support. Designed for integrators looking for a premium-quality installed sound solution where coverage, performance, and aesthetics are paramount. The speakers are easy to install and offer high weather resistance (IP54) for use outdoors.
Each speaker utilizes a separately available 150W amplifier to power the 6.5" weather treated paper cone woofer and a 1" silk-dome tweeter, which have matching sensitivity and performance for remarkable sound reproduction with a wide frequency range (58 Hz to 20 kHz) and a powerful peak SPL (116 dB). With a 16-ohm rating, each speaker is designed for distributed systems without the need for a transformer, offering optimal sonic performance.
The included X-Mount system achieves an unprecedented ease-of-installation in either horizontal, vertical, wall, or ceiling deployments. The knurled surfaces at the pivot planes ensure the load will not drift or sag over time; the articulation marks allow pre-configuration of the X-Mount, while on the ground with no special tools required. Once secure, the loudspeaker installs in seconds, allowing the installer to work safer, smarter, and faster with repeatable results.
The AD-S6 speakers feature QSC's Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) to matches the coverage angle of the woofer at the crossover frequency with the horn pattern to ensure a uniform response across the coverage area. Additionally, the speakers are compatible with QSC's Q-Sys platform, which is included in CXD Series amplifiers. The advanced voicing filter sets from Q-Sys's Intrinsic Correction techniques ensures a smooth power response, resulting in accurate performance in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no EQ.
The rear panel utilizes a four-pin Euroblock connector for input and thru-output for connecting additional speakers. A rugged ABS enclosure provides long-term durability. What's more, each speaker includes a sealed input panel cover to protect the speaker's input section from the elements. A powder coated aluminum grille adds additional weather protection from dust and splashes.
- 6.5" weather-treated woofer
- 105° conical DMT coverage
- Maximum peak SPL 116 dB (16 ohms)
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures smooth, uniform frequency response over the coverage area
- X-Mount system enables the loudspeaker to be easily installed and deployed at a variety of angles with no slippage over time
- Advanced voicing filter sets using QSC Intrinsic Correction, available through either Q-SYS or CXD amplifier platform
- Lightweight ABS enclosures offer long-term durability and lasting good looks
- Sealed input panel cover and powder coated aluminum grilles for added weather resistance
- Meets IEC60529 IP-54 for dust and splash resistance