The Pro Fusion Smart Adapter from FotodioX allows a Mamiya 7 Rangefinder lens to be used on a FUJIFILM G-Mount GFX camera. If the lens includes camera-controlled aperture functions, this adapter is intended to allow those features to be used. If an attached lens is also capable of generating Exif metadata when used with a directly compatible camera, this Pro Fusion Smart Adapter is designed to allow that information to be saved along with image files generated with a combination of the lens, a FUJIFILM G-Mount GFX camera, and the adapter.
By enabling camera-controlled aperture functions for a Mamiya 7 Rangefinder lens when used with a FUJIFILM G-Mount GFX camera, program and aperture-priority modes, as well as shutter-priority and manual modes, can be set through the camera. Power for these functions is transferred from the camera to the lens. To help ensure that electronic communication between an attached camera and lens is reliable, this Pro Fusion Smart Adapter features a camera-to-lens calibration button. After a compatible camera and lens are both attached to the adapter, the camera-to-lens calibration button is designed to be pressed once the camera is be powered on. Signals between the CPU contacts within the camera's mount and the CPU contacts on the lens bayonet are then synchronized along with the functions they control.
This adapter is constructed from aluminum alloy for durability while minimizing weight, and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear-and-tear.
- Allows a Mamiya 7 Rangefinder lens to be used on a FUJIFILM G-Mount GFX camera
- Supports electronic communication between camera and lens to enable on-camera aperture control and Exif metadata generation when possible
- Camera-to-lens calibration button to help ensure that electronic communication between an attached camera and lens is reliable
- Aluminum alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings further prevent wear-and-tear
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release
- Built-in micro-USB Type-B port for firmware updates
- Padded, wooden box for storage or transport