Including all the tools for the aspiring filmmaker, vlogger, photographer, director, influencer, or however you define your creative output, the Nikon Z 50 Creator's Kit is a well-rounded bundle that pairs the sleek and versatile Z 50 mirrorless camera body and NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR standard zoom lens with a Rode VideoMicro microphone and wind screen, a JOBY GorillaPod 3K mini tripod and ball head, a SmallRig Vlogging Mounting Plate, and a protective Nikon Travel Kit Bag. Additionally, a voucher is included for the Nikon School Online class Creator's Mindset: Creating Video Content with Z 50.
Nikon Z 50 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens
Sporting an especially sleek design, the Nikon Z 50 is a DX-format mirrorless digital camera revolving around the versatile Z Mount. Capable in both stills and video realms, the Z 50 features a 20.9MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 image processor, which enables fast performance up to 11 fps, a reliable 209-point hybrid AF system with eye detection, and notable low-light performance to ISO 51200. For video shooters, UHD 4K is supported up to 30 fps along with Full HD recording at up to 120 fps for slow-motion playback. For fine-tuning your photos and videos, in-camera clip trimming can be used, and 20 Creative Picture Controls and 10 Special Effects settings help to infuse your imagery with a unique look.
The body design is impressively sleek yet still ergonomic to benefit all-day-long shooting. A high-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED EVF benefits working in bright conditions with clear eye-level viewing and the 3.2" rear touchscreen LCD has a 180° flip-down design that is perfect for selfies. The magnesium alloy body is weather-sealed, too, to suit working in inclement conditions. Additionally, for easy sharing, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work in conjunction with the Nikon SnapBridge app for wirelessly transferring photos and videos and remotely controlling the camera from your mobile device.
20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processor
Besides imaging, the sensor's design also incorporates a 209-point hybrid autofocus system, which uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods to quickly and accurately acquire focus for both stills and video applications. This focusing system also supports Eye Detection AF, which uses facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects' eyes.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Body Design and Connectivity
- A large 3.2" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a 180° flip-under tilting design, which benefits front-facing selfie captures, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a 1.02x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image.
- Single SD memory card slots supports up to the UHS-I protocol for quickly storing photo and video files.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL25 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 300 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported when using the optional EH-73P charging AC adapter.
Other Camera Features
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine several exposures into one frame for creative effects.
- Special Effects Modes: Night Vision; Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Creative Picture Controls: Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, and Carbon.
- In-Camera Image Editing: Distortion Control, D-Lighting, Image Overlay, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-eye Correction, Resize, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, Trim, and Trim Movie.
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm Lens
Rode VideoMicro Ultracompact Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
Switch from using the built-in mic on your camera or portable recorder to the Rode VideoMicro ultracompact camera-mount shotgun microphone for improved sound quality and wind noise reduction without adding heft to your rig. Since it runs on plug-in power and has no controls or switches, the VideoMicro is a simple and reliable microphone ideal for mobile journalists, vloggers, and run-and-gun shooters.This ultracompact and ultralightweight shotgun microphone features a detachable shockmount that mounts directly to your DSLR, mirrorless, or video camera and reduces noise from vibrations and camera handling. The supplied furry windshield minimizes wind noise, making it well suited for outdoor shoots. The detachable coiled 3.5mm TRS cable ensures easy hookup to your camera, and the dual-mono output means that no channel selection is necessary on your recording device.
Durable and Small
Shotgun Mic with Directional Sound Pickup
Easy Hookup to Camera
Runs on Plug-In Power
Detachable Shockmount Inhibits Vibrations
Furry Windshield Minimizes Wind Noise
SmallRig Vlogging Mounting Plate for Nikon Z 50 Camera
Provide accessory mounts for the Nikon Z 50 Mirrorless Camera with the Vlogging Mounting Plate from SmallRig. The plate features multiple 1/4"-20 accessory threads on the side and bottom, and on the side of the unit a side plate integrates with a cold shoe mount for a mic or light. Additionally, the plate maintains access to the camera's tilting screen. A built-in flat-head screw connects the plate to the camera's tripod mount, and rubber pads protect the bottom of the camera when it's mounted on the plate.
Nikon Travel Kit Bag (Charcoal)
Perfectly sized for a sleek mirrorless camera system, the charcoal Travel Kit Bag from Nikon is a versatile bag designed to hold a mirrorless or small DSLR body, lenses, and some smaller accessories.The main padded compartment has a zippered closure along with two repositionable padded dividers and an additional zippered external compartment is suitable for holding a smartphone, a spare battery, and memory cards. Additionally, a removable hand strap and a removable neck/shoulder strap are also included, and can be used to carry either the camera or the bag itself.