Bring ultimate performance to your gaming experience with the ROG Maximus XII Formula LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard from ASUS. Designed for gamers, enthusiasts, professionals, and content creators who want to pack a ton of power into their desktop computer systems, this ATX motherboard is powered by the Intel Z490 chipset and supports 10th generation Intel processors with the LGA 1200 socket. It takes full advantage of the PCIe 3.0 data bandwidth to deliver high performance for tasks such as video editing, gaming, and 3D modeling. The motherboard also features an advanced cooling design with extensive support for fans and liquid cooling systems.
Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, reaching 4800 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across four memory slots. Additionally, up to six Intel Optane-enhanced SATA III storage drives can be installed alongside three M.2 SSDs, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, 5, or 10 configuration. Intel Rapid Storage Technology helps to boost performance and responsiveness of connected storage drives. Dedicated graphics cards can be installed into the PCIe 3.0 x16 slots with support for 2-Way NVIDIA SLI and 3-Way AMD CrossFireX configurations to maximize frame rates, connect 4K monitors, and for faster video rendering times. An additional PCIe 3.0 x1 slot is available alongside a Thunderbolt 3 header for compatible expansion cards.
The USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports allow you to transfer data from compatible peripherals at up to 10 Gb/s. Other features include fast network connections with both a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port and a 10 Gigabit Ethernet port quickly transfer data from network attached storage drives and other compatible devices. They operate alongside the built-in 802.11ax Wi-Fi that can reach speeds of up to 2.4 Gb/s over compatible wireless networks.
The ROG Maximus XII Formula also delivers deep and immersive 7.1-channel surround sound through the SupremeFX S1220 audio codec and ESS ES9023P DAC. You can customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips, which can be synced with other Aura Sync-compatible peripherals such as mice and keyboards. There is also a 2" LiveDash OLED display built onto the motherboard, which can be programmed to show hardware statistics or customized graphics. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard's features.
- The ROG Maximus XII Formula features 16 power stages, each rated to support up to 70 amps.
- Quality chokes and durable capacitors help to deliver strong electrical performance.
- The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) helps to ensure smooth and clean power delivery. It also allows for direct control over voltages, the switching frequency, and power-efficiency settings to fine-tune the CPU voltage regulation for stability and performance.
- The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) onboard micro-controller that helps to provide a variety of system-tuning features. It can be used to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking parameters.
- The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) optimizes power consumption to maximize savings in Away mode, which shuts down I/O controllers.
- Turbo App utility allows you to customize the computer system's performance for individual applications.
Storage and Memory
- Three PCIe 3.0 M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 SATA and NVMe SSDs.
- Six SATA III ports are available for hard drives and 2.5" SSDs.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10.
- Intel Rapid Storage technology enhances the performance and responsiveness of storage drives.
- Intel Optane modules are supported, which enhances storage drive performance by caching frequently accessed data.
- Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4-4800 (OC) memory can be installed across four slots.
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP).
- The RAMCache III utility can automatically caches all your storage devices so that games and apps load faster.
- OptiMem III technology enhances memory stability and compatibility.
- The VRM heatsink and thermal pad help to efficiently transfer heat away from the motherboard's electrical systems.
- The CrossChill EK III design lets you cool the MOSFET with air and water.
- A dedicated water-cooling zone includes high performance pump headers and monitoring for both flow rate and water temperatures.
- The motherboard's M.2 slots are covered by large heatsinks to help prevent speed throttling when the SSDs become too hot.
- Artificial intelligence monitors system temperatures and loads to automatically set fan speeds, which optimizes cooling while keeping noise to a minimum.
- Fan Xpert 4: Manually or automatically control the speed of your fans to find a balance of cooling performance and noise. Extreme Quiet mode reduces fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system quiet during light tasks.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 features a maximum throughput of 10 Gb/s when used with compatible devices.
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports support data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gb/s.
- USB 2.0 Type-A ports are included for compatible devices such as mice and keyboards.
- 10 Gigabit and 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports provide fast wired connections with compatible devices.
- The built-in 802.11ax Wi-Fi can transfer data at up to 2.4 Gb/s over compatible wireless networks.
- LANGuard technology improves the tradition Ethernet port by protecting it against surges, providing a cleaner data signal, and reducing the chance of errors without taking up CPU resources.
- The GameFirst VI network customization tool for ROG routers uses AI-enhanced features that allow you to analyze, optimize, and boost network data traffic to help ensure stability with minimal interference.
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity allows for strong and stable connections when paired with compatible wireless devices.
- The pre-mounted I/O shield streamlines the motherboard installation process.
- Q-DIMM slots allow you to easily install and remove memory modules.
- Memory slots support Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- A differential-sensing circuit and dedicated IC provide accurate voltage monitoring, allowing you to efficiently overclock and tune your system.
- SafeSlot technology reinforces the PCIe slots to provide strong device retention and shearing resistance.
- Onboard Q-LED lights indicate the power status and problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card, or boot device.
- The ROG AI Overclocking utility helps you get the most out of your build by automatically profiling your CPU and cooling system to predict optimal voltage and frequency settings.
NVIDIA SLI / AMD CrossFireX Support
- The integrated SupremeFX S1220 audio technology is designed to deliver a flat frequency response for detailed sound with 7.1-channel playback.
- 32-bit / 192 kHz playback support.
- 120 dB stereo output signal-to-noise ratio.
- 113 dB input signal-to-noise ratio.
- The ESS ES9023 digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and RC4580 amp deliver high-quality audio to the front panel output.
- A Texas Instruments RC4580 op amp delivers high gain with low distortion
- Gold plated audio jacks enhance audio quality and performance
- The switching MOSFET design allow the audio codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs.
- Electromagnetic shielding protects against interference from nearby components for cleaner-sounding audio.
- Nichicon capacitors are designed to produce a warm, natural sound with high clarity.
- The Sonic Studio III software allows you to customize EQ profiles across different audio devices and applications.
- The DTS: Sound Unbound app works with Windows Sonic technology to deliver spatial sound to headsets, immersing you into virtual environments and entertainment.