The Shure SLXD24D/SM58 offers two presenters or performers a dual-channel wireless handheld microphone system that's dependable, easy to set up, and features crystal-clear, digital sound quality. Built around a rugged, dual-channel, single-rackspace receiver with removable antennas, the system is ideally suited for portable rigs and long-term installations in small- to medium-sized venues, event spaces, conference rooms, houses of worship, and education facilities.
The SLX-D operates in the UHF band to transmit high-quality, 24-bit digital audio with over 120 dB of dynamic range for crisp, detailed sound. It utilizes Digital Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from interference and deliver a solid, reliable RF signal without dropouts.
The SLXD24D/SM58 includes two SLXD2 handheld transmitters, each featuring an interchangeable microphone capsule design and equipped with the SM58 dynamic cardioid capsule, an industry standard for vocalists and presenters. The lightweight metal transmitters both feature a selectable 1/10mW RF power output and a transmission range up to 330'. Power is supplied by two AA batteries or an SB903 rechargeable battery (available separately) for up to 8 hours.
The all-metal rackmount SLXD4D receiver features an intuitive LCD interface with meters for RF, battery status, and audio output. It also offers 60 dB of gain control, and both mic/line XLR and 1/4" instrument outputs for each channel. Additional features include automatic frequency scanning and IR sync to easily link the transmitter and receiver to the same frequency.
With up to 32 mic channels available at the same time, the SLX-D is ready to expand as your needs grow. What’s more, setting up multiple systems is made fast and easy via the Ethernet port, which links the them together for quick, coordinated frequency scans from a single receiver.
- With durable aluminum housings, the SLXD2 handheld transmitters offer a lightweight design that's comfortable to hold, and they feature an LCD screens that show essential information.
- The SM58 dynamic microphone capsule uses a cardioid polar pattern that minimizes background noise and feedback, while its brightened midrange and bass roll-off deliver that sought-after warm and clear vocal reproduction.
- The transmitter's interchangeable capsule design allows you to choose the ideal capsule for your application. Shure offers a variety of optional dynamic and condenser mic capsules with varying pickup patterns—capsules include the Beta 87A, Beta 58A, and KSM8.
- The SLX-D delivers 24-bit digital audio with a fast transient response and over 120 dB of dynamic range—resulting in clear, accurate sound.
- The system operates in the G58: 470 to 514 MHz UHF band with a 44 MHz tuning range and 1760 selectable frequencies, far away from potential Wi-Fi interference in the 2.4 GHz band.
- Digital Predictive Switching Diversity uses a microprocessor to switch between the two antennas for the cleanest signal—before dropouts occur.
- With a low latency of 3.2 ms, the system is ideal for applications that require live sound reinforcement.
- The SLX-D's spectrum-efficient digital transmission technology allows for up to 32 mics to be used at once.
- Up to 10 compatible systems per 6 MHz TV band and 12 systems per 8 MHz band are supported.
- Ethernet networking saves you time with coordinated group scanning between multiple receivers from a single location; TCPI command streams from third-party companies such as AMX and Crestron are also supported.
- Housed in a tough, single-rack metal chassis with detachable antennas, the SLXD4D dual-channel receiver is a great fit for A/V installations or as part of a portable rackmount rig—ready to travel to a meeting or event.
- The SLX-D is engineered to provide outstanding sound for small- to medium-sized spaces and facilities—without costly, complicated features required primarily for large venues.
- Intuitive front-panel controls and a high-contrast LCD screen with audio and RF meters makes set up a snap.
- The auto-scan function automatically seeks out the cleanest available frequency for you. The receiver and transmitters then easily link to the same frequency via infrared.
- The receiver offers up to 60 dB of adjustable gain and the display shows you where the ideal levels should be.
- Adding the SB903 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, along with an SBC10-903 single charger or an SBC203 dual-docking charger, offers a cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative to throwing away AA batteries (battery and chargers available separately).
- Using the SB903 battery and SBC203 charger simplifies the task of keeping multiple transmitters charged and ready—you can even recharge the battery while still in the transmitter.
- When powered by an SB903 battery, each transmitter displays the remaining run time in hours and minutes.
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805SWB passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
- The UA844+SWB antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time.
- The WL183 (omnidirectional), WL185 (cardioid), and WL184 (supercardioid) lavalier mics offer hands-free presentation options.
- The miniature WL93 and subminiature MX150 mics are smaller, easy-to-conceal lavaliers.
- The discreet MX153 subminiature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The PGA31 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance.