Comprising the essentials needed to begin shooting, the FUJIFILM GFX 50R Medium Format Mirrorless Camera with 50mm Lens and Accessories Kit from B&H bundles the sleek medium format body and compact wide-angle prime with a memory card and a protective camera bag.
FUJIFILM GFX 50R Medium Format Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Distinguished by its svelte, rangefinder-inspired design, the FUJIFILM GFX 50R is a sleek medium format mirrorless camera that is notably portable and highly capable. Revolving around a 43.8 x 32.9mm 51.4MP CMOS sensor, which is paired with the X-Processor Pro image processor, the GFX 50R is capable of producing high-resolution still imagery with an extremely wide dynamic range, a broad sensitivity range up to an extended ISO 102400, and the sensor's large size contributes to a unique three-dimensional look with especially smooth tonal and color transitions. The sensor and processor also enable recording Full HD 1080p30 video.
Benefitting the imaging capabilities is a comfortable physical design, which incorporates a 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for bright, clear eye-level viewing. Alternatively, the rear 3.2" 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD features a three-way tilting design that supports working from high and low angles, even when shooting in the vertical orientation. Additionally, the GFX 50R has a durable magnesium-alloy build that is also dust- and weather-sealed, as well as freezeproof down to 14°F, for working in trying environmental conditions.
51.4MP CMOS Sensor and X-Processor Pro
The image processor and sensor also lend a versatile edge to the system, and permit shooting continuously up to 3 fps or for recording Full HD 1080p video at 29.97, 25, 24, and 23.98 fps frame rates. Film Simulation modes, including a Color Chrome Effect to produce subtle tonality among highly saturated colors, can be used in conjunction with video recording, too, to lessen the need for color correction during post production.
- Rangefinder-inspired design is compact and lightweight, and by placing the viewfinder in the upper corner of the body design, it is possible to keep one eye on the viewfinder while surveying the scene with the other.
- Magnesium-alloy body construction is both lightweight and durable, and the camera system is sealed in 64 places to render it weather- and dust-resistant, as well as freezeproof down to 14°F, for use in inclement conditions.
- Built-in 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers high-resolution, 0.77x-magnification eye-level viewing.
- A 3.2" 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD is also available for image playback, menu navigation, and live view shooting. This LCD features a unique tilting design that moves both 45° downward and 90° upward for shooting from high and low angles, and also tilts 60° to the side to benefit shooting in the vertical orientation when in live view.
- A series of dedicated dials are placed about the body for independently adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.
- Included NP-T125 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 400 shots per charge when Auto Power Save is on.
- Built-in Bluetooth low energy allows for direct wireless sharing of files as well as remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
117-Point Autofocus System
Other Camera Features
- The FUJIFILM G lens mount features a short focal flange distance of just 26.7mm to better facilitate adapting lenses and to allow for reduced back focusing distances to better prevent vignetting and promote edge-to-edge sharpness with the GF series of lenses.
- Film Simulation modes allow you to reproduce the look and feel of several of FUJIFILM's film types, including Provia, Velvia, Astia, Eterna, Classic Chrome, Classic Neg., Pro Neg. Hi, Pro Neg. Standard, Acros, Monochrome, and Sepia. Additionally, Grain Effect can be adjusted as well as Classic Chrome effect to fine-tune the look of imagery.
- Smooth Skin Effect helps to disguise blemishes and produce an overall smooth appearance to suit portraiture applications.
- Dual UHS-II SD memory card slots are featured, and permit saving imagery in a sequential manner, backup/duplicate manner, or in a sorted manner to segregate JPEG and raw files.
- Mechanical focal plane permits working with shutter speeds from 60 minutes up to 1/4000 sec, and an electronic shutter allows the use of shutter speeds up to 1/16000 sec for working in bright light conditions.
- Interval shooting is possible for up to 999 consecutive frames with a 1 sec to 24 hour delay between exposures, as well as up to a 24 hours shutter delay.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you shoot two consecutive overlaid frames, and the first frame will be shown on the rear LCD to aid in alignment for the second exposure.
- A variety of file formats are available depending on your workflow needs, and include uncompressed and compressed raw file types; Super Fine, Fine, and Normal JPEG settings; and TIFF files can be output via in-camera raw file development.
- A voice memo function lets you solely record your voice for up to 30 seconds at a time for making notes or keeping track of shooting information.
- 3D Electronic Level can be used to ensure the accuracy of horizontal and vertical lines within your composition.
- Tethered shooting is possible using Capture One Pro for FUJIFILM software to send images from the camera to your computer for further editing. Alternatively, the Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and HS-V5 for Windows operating systems are also available.
FUJIFILM GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR Lens
Characterized by its especially slim design, the GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR Lens from FUJIFILM is a compact 40mm-equivalent prime designed for the medium format G-mount GFX camera system. Its sleek profile makes it ideal for walkaround and everyday shooting and completes a truly portable medium format system. The optical design incorporates one aspherical element, which controls distortion and spherical aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness and clarity. Balancing the optical attributes, the lens also utilizes a linear AF motor for quick and quiet focusing performance, while a manual aperture ring also avails intuitive exposure adjustment, and a Command position permits making camera-based aperture selections. Additionally, the lens is also dust, freeze, and weather resistant for use in trying environmental conditions.
Think Tank Photo Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag (Pinestone)
Store, protect, and transport your Nikon D850 or similar-sized camera with attached 24-70mm lens, plus an additional 70-200mm lens, a flash, and related accessories in this lightweight Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag from Think Tank Photo. Alternatively, you can fit a small drone, its controller, and accessories in place of your camera equipment.
This handsome minimalist bag is designed to blend in and doesn't look like a camera bag. Made of durable cotton canvas that has been treated for water resistance, it has a large flap with dual turn buckles to keep it securely closed and an interior nylon lining padded with closed-cell foam for protection. The main compartment has padded touch-fastening PE-reinforced dividers for organizing your gear. A large pocket under the flap will hold and organize memory cards, cables, your wallet, keys, and other smaller gear.
A pocket on the back of the bag holds papers and documents like boarding passes safely and securely with fast access to them. A water bottle/accessory pocket on the exterior can be collapsed and strapped tight to further minimize the profile. A simple webbing rail accommodates modular pouches or a carabineer, so you can further customize the bag to your needs and gear. Carry the Retrospective 7M by the padded removable top handle, or wear it with the adjustable padded shoulder strap. You can also attach it to the handle of a rolling carry-on bag. To further protect your valuable gear, your friends at Think Tank included a seam-sealed rain cover.
SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC Memory Card
Achieve maximum performance for a faster workflow and burst shooting with the 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk, which lets users capture flawless cinema-quality 8K, 4K, and Full HD video, as well as raw photos and continuous shutter bursts. This card features a storage capacity of 64GB and takes advantage of the UHS-II bus to support read speeds of up to 300 MB/s and write speeds of up to 260 MB/s. Thanks to the V90 Video Speed Class rating, write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 90 MB/s.
UHS-II media achieves its speed through an extra row of pins and, while this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-II / V90 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-II / V90. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-II and V60, which supports minimum write speeds of 60 MB/s, UHS-II and V30, which supports minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s, or UHS-I and U3, which also supports minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support U3, this card is compatible with the U1 and Class 10 standards, each of which guarantees minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
Built for extreme conditions, SanDisk's 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC Memory Card is protected against shock, temperatures, x-rays, and water. Also featured is a built-in write-protect switch that helps to safeguard your content from being erased.
The Extreme PRO is protected by a limited lifetime warranty. Also available is a free download of RescuePRO Deluxe software, which is valid for two years.