Expand your reverb palette with the Electro-Harmonix Oceans 12, a stompbox designed for use with electric guitars. This pedal offers two reverb engines, which can be used indepedently and simultaneously if need be. You can run the reverbs in parallel or in series, feeding one into the other.
The Oceans 12 gives you 24 presets from its 12 reverb types. You can run the pedal in stereo—with stereo 1/4" inputs and stereo 1/4" outputs—or use the secondary, right I/O path for sends and returns, looping other pedals into the reverb signal either pre or post reverberation. You'll also find an input jack for external expression control, or 3-button footswitch control.
Along with customary controls for things like effect level, time, tone, predelay, and the like, the Oceans 12 has other controls, such as the TIDE knob for stereo image alteration, or the Lo-fi Control, for dirtying up the signal. With the Tails switch, you can choose whether you want the reverb to end abruptly when you hit the switch, or if you want the tail of the verb to fade out naturally. In most settings, the pedal lets you produce infinite reverb effects for walls of sound. The pedal ships with a standard EHX 9.6 DC, 200mA power supply.
- Hall: A warm and versatile reverb algorithm modeled after a spacious performance hall.
- Spring: This captures the iconic drip of a vintage 1962 Fender 6G15 reverb unit. Time here behaves like Dwell on the Fender unit.
- Plate: An emulation of a smooth, bright metal plate reverb commonly found in high-end recording studios during the 1960s and 70s.
- Reverse: This is a rendition of the reverse reverb trick commonly performed in studios. Time here controls the length of time between playing a note and hearing its reverse reverb fade in.
- Echo: A simple digital delay, which feeds into a plate reverb. Both Time and the footswitch can control the time between echoes, and Tone controls the feedback of the echoes.
- Tremolo: A classic, periodic volume envelope applied to both the dry and wet mix of a hall reverb. Time controls the LFO rate, and Tone controls the LFO depth.
- Mod: A lush combo of various modulations for creamy rich reverb tails. Time and Tone behave differently in each mode.
- Dyna: A dynamic trio of experimental reverb algorithms: swell, gate, and duck. Time behaves differently depending on the mode.
- Auto-Inf: An inventive reverb that listens to your playing and crossfades to a new reverb wash upon detection of newly struck notes and chords. This works best with long decay times.
- Shimmer: A rich octave-shifted wash of harmony in a reverberant cloud. Tone controls the frequency content of both the reverb tail and octave-shifts.
- Poly: Two configurable bidirectional pitch-shifts that add dimensionality to the reverb tail.
- Resonant: Reverb excited by tunable resonators and configurable self-oscillating filters on the reverb tail (2 modes)
- 2 simultaneous, independent, stereo reverb engines
- Series and parallel control for the dual reverbs
- 24 presets
- Stereo in/out or mono send/return with pre and post reverb options
- Tide control for stereo image alteration
- Lo-fi control
- Infinite attenuation control
- Tap tempo to set your pre-delay time, echo time and more
- Input jack for external expression and 3-button footswitch control
- Equipped with a standard EHX 9.6 DC, 200mA power supply