The sensor and processor combination also avails fast continuous shooting at up to 10 fps at full resolution, for up to 177 consecutive frames, and with full-time AF/AE when working with either a mechanical shutter or an electronic shutter. If shooting in live view mode, a continuous shooting rate of up to 8 fps is also possible.
The high-speed, 120 fps recording also enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate set to either 30p or 24p. In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
- Lock-on AF maintains focus on moving subjects through the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject
- Expand Flexible Spot employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus
- Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized subjects' eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes
- Focus Magnifier function can be used for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details
- Rear touchscreen can also be used for Touch Focus control and a Touchpad Focus Control mode lets you use the rear screen intuitively while keeping your eye to the viewfinder
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
- The XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a 2.36m-dot resolution and 0.78x magnification for bright, clear viewing in high detail.
- In addition to the EVF, a 3.0" 922k-dot rear LCD is also available, which has a touch panel design for intuitive operation and focusing control. The screen also tilts upward 107° and downward 41° to benefit working from high and low angles.
- Magnesium-alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Weather-sealing has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
- Using the NP-FZ100 battery, the a7 III has improved battery life and is now rated for approximately 710 shots per charge.
- Dual SD memory card slots allow for flexible file saving and handling, and can be configured to partition raw and JPEG files or can be used for overflow recording. One of the card slots is rated to support UHS-II memory cards.
- A USB 3.0 Type-C port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged from the host power source while connected.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a7 III to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Three aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- An internal focus mechanism and linear motor contribute to faster, more responsive system and easier handling.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
The Pengo HDMI to USB Type-C 4K Grabber supports up to a UHD 4K60 HDMI input signal and lets you send the signal in up to UHD 4K30 to your computer via a USB Type-C host connection on an integrated cable. The grabber allows you to run cameras, gaming systems, and other HDMI devices to your computer for use in live streaming applications. It also allows you to transfer camera files to your computer for storage and editing. Among the compatible resolutions, the grabber also supports 1080p120 high frame rate formats on both input and output.
The grabber is powered by your computer's USB connection, so no external power supply is required. For live streaming applications, it's compatible with popular third-party platforms including OBS, XSplit, vMix, Zoom, Skype, and more.
The IndiPRO AC Power Supply with NP-FZ100 Dummy Battery allows you to power your Sony a9, a7 III, or a7R III camera directly from a wall outlet. Featuring an 8' cable length, this power supply provides an ideal solution for continuous power in the studio or at events. It features a US-standard wall plug but supports 100-240V worldwide power input, so you can use it just about anywhere in the world with the right plug adapter, sold separately.
This Oben TT-50 Tabletop Tripod provides a sturdy base of support for shooting from a tabletop or other raised surface. Or set it down on the ground or floor for stable low-angle shots. It is a handy little camera support that can support up to 5 lb and only weighs 4.7 oz. The TT-50 has a maximum height of 3.8" and folds to a length of 7.1" when not in use.
The TT-50 features a mini ball head that mounts virtually any camera to its 1/4"-20 screw. A single lever loosens the ball so that the camera can move in any direction. The ball swivels and pans 360°, and a groove allows it to tilt up to 90° in one direction.
Connect your camera or camcorder to your TV or monitor with the 3' Pearstone HDD-203 High-Speed Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable. It supports resolutions up to DCI 4K at 60p with an 18 Gb/s bandwidth for high-speed signal transfers. Its PVC jacket helps protect the cable.