Sleek but well-spec'd, the silver OM-D E-M10 Mark IV meshes many of Olympus's flagship features and technologies with the compact and highly portable E-M10 design. Incorporating the 20.3MP Micro Four Thirds sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the E-M10 Mark IV is characterized by its UHD 4K video recording capabilities, fast 8.7 fps continuous shooting rate, and wide ISO 200-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. The sensor also employs a 121-point contrast-detection AF system, which uses subject detection algorithms from the E-M1-series, for fast, accurate, and intelligent focusing performance. Additionally, 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization is also featured, which compensates for approximately 4.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
In regard to the physical design, the E-M10 Mark IV is an impressively svelte camera but still sports a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which has a 180° tilting design for working from high, low, and front-facing angles. For eye-level viewing, there is a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder. Also, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permit connecting the camera to a smartphone or tablet for direct wireless sharing of images or for remote camera from the mobile device.
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and it offers a 0.67x maximum magnification for clear, distortion-free viewing.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD monitor features an 80° upward, 180° downward tilting design to support working from a variety of angles, including front-facing for perfectly framed selfies. The screen is also a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation and image playback.
- Included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is used to provide approximately 360 shots per charge.
- In-camera battery charging is supported via the micro-USB port.
- Single SD memory card slot is UHS-II compatible for fast read/write speeds.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet when using the dedicated O.I.Share app for iOS and Android.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 frames with 1 second to 24-hour exposure intervals.
- Art Filters: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color , Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, Partial Color (18 Color), Bleach Bypass, Instant Film.