Manfrotto's Gimbal 460 Pro Kit features the Gimbal 460 3-axis motorized gimbal stabilizer, one of the two gimbals that make up Manfrotto's entry into the gimbal world. The Gimbal 460 offers a 10 lb payload suitable for most mirrorless cameras, and it's designed with a touchscreen display. With just a press of an icon in many cases, the touchscreen allows you to directly enter different modes, such as inception, time-lapse, or selfie mode. The touchscreen also lets you set up nearly all the parameters of the gimbal instead of having to rely more on the companion app. For all other settings and remote operation, the companion Manfrotto app can be used on iOS and Android devices.
The Gimbal 460 Pro Kit also includes a focus motor and remote controller. The focus motor is designed with brushless motors and a high-precision intelligent chip allowing for real-time tracking. Mounting accessories for the motor are included along with a lens gear for photo lenses. The remote controller features its own accelerometer and lets you control the gimbal functions as well as the focus motor. In addition to control buttons, it also has a control dial on the side similar to the one on the side of the gimbal.
The Gimbal 460 has an independent lock on each axis to make pre-balancing your camera quick and simple. You can unlock and balance one axis at a time, and this feature also allows the gimbal to be stored away easier. The gimbal runs for up to 12 hours on included batteries, which are rechargeable using a supplied charger.
The quick release system uses two mounting plates. There are a built-in platform and a removable top plate, both with an Arca-Swiss standard design. The top plate can be used to switch your camera between the gimbal and tripods or other supports with Arca-Swiss compatibility, and you won't have to rebalance the gimbal when mounting the camera back on.
Select cameras can also be connected to the gimbal via the included cables for a more seamless workflow between the camera and gimbal. You'll be able to adjust certain camera settings directly from the gimbal. The Gimbal 460 offers lock, pan, follow, and all follow modes and provides 360° pan, 230° tilt, and 360° roll rotation.
- 10 lb payload
- Touchscreen display with direct access to most gimbal modes and settings
- iOS/Android companion app
- Focus motor with mounting accessories
- Wireless remote controller for gimbal and focus motor control
- Arca-Swiss standard platform and quick release plate
- Independent lock on each axis for easy balancing
- Up to 12-hour battery life
- 360° pan, 230° tilt, and 360° roll rotation
- Lock mode: The orientation of the camera is fixed
- Pan mode: The roll and tilt axes are fixed, and the camera only moves left and right
- Follow mode: The roll axis is fixed, and the camera moves left/right or up/down
- All follow mode: The camera moves according to the user's hand motions