Uniquely modular, the Hasselblad 907X 50C is a medium format camera system meshing design elements from their classic film cameras with contemporary imaging capabilities from their digital era. The 907X 50C platform comprises the matched CFV II 50C digital back and 907X camera body, which work in tandem as a distinct and versatile camera system.
The 907X has the distinction of being the smallest medium format camera Hasselblad has ever created, measuring just over an inch thick, as well as the lightest, at 7 oz. Recalling the form of the famed 500-series V-system cameras, though, this simple camera body mainly serves as the interface between the V interface of the CFV II 50C digital back and the X-mount for working with XCD lenses or adapted lenses from other mounts.
The CFV II 50C is an updated and refined digital back featuring a classic V-system interface for use on the included 907X as well as virtually any Hasselblad V camera from 1957 onward. Designed with the classic A12 and A16 film backs in mind, this digital back has been outfitted with versatile digital capabilities, revolving around a 43.8 x 32.9mm 50MP CMOS sensor, which yields high-resolution imagery with a wide 14-stop dynamic range, 16-bit color depth, and an ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range. This sensor utilizes Hasselblad's Natural Color Solution, too, which delivers realistic, pleasing color tones for great consistency and smooth tonal transitions. The back's design also incorporates a rear 3.2" 2.4m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD, to recall the experience of working with a waist-level finder, and it now houses the rechargeable lithium-ion battery internally for a sleeker overall profile. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless remote control and file transferring via Phocus Mobile 2.
Working with the spectacular image quality of the 50MP CMOS sensor, the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution is designed to deliver images with the most natural color without needing to delve into a variety of presets. This system is also capable of creating imagery with exceptionally smooth tonal transitions that are reminiscent of analog film capture, which is thanks in part to the CFV II's 16-bit color depth.
In addition to capturing breathtaking still images, the CFV II 50C is also capable of capturing high resolution video, shooting at 2.7K (2720 x 1530) and HD (1920 x 1080), using the full sensor width in a 16:9 ratio. The video is recorded using an H.264 compressed codec at 29,97 fps, for up to 29 minutes, 59 seconds. A 3.5mm mini-phono input port allows the use of an external microphone while recording video.
- Using a V-system interface, this digital back can be used in conjunction with the included 907X camera body, with virtually any Hasselblad V system film camera from 1957 or later, or with technical and view cameras featuring a V-system mounting interface.
- Integrated 3.2" 2.4m-dot tilting LCD features a touchscreen design for intuitive control, menu navigation, and playback. The updated screen also has a fast 60 fps refresh rate for more fluid playback and the screen also supports autofocus point drag and drop placement and autofocus point size changes with pinch/spread finger movement. The screen's tilting design also reinforces a top-down viewing position, akin to working with an optical waist-level finder.
- Accepts one rechargeable lithium-ion battery internally in order to maintain the overall svelte profile reminiscent of A12 and A16 film backs. This battery can be charged in-back, too, via the USB Type-C port.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support the UHS-II protocol for faster read/write speeds.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless sharing of files as well as remote camera control. Additionally, Phocus Mobile 2 allows for a rich tethered shooting experience from an iPad Pro or iPad Air (2019).
- USB 3.0 Type-C connector can be used for file transfer, tethered shooting from an iPad, or for in-camera battery charging via a computer, charger, or power bank.
- Optimized for use with XCD series of lenses, which offer an integrated central shutter system, capable of sync speeds up to 1/2000 sec.
- Phocus Mobile 2, available for select iPad models, permits importing, editing, and rating of raw images as well as importing and rating full-resolution JPEG images directly on a tablet. Additionally, Phocus Mobile 2 supports full-resolution image export, tethered shooting, and direct camera control.
- Conventional computer-based tethered shooting is supported via the desktop version of Phocus.