The Ray Carbon Fiber Tripod with AirHed VU Ball Head Set from 3 Legged Thing pairs the Legend-series carbon fiber travel tripod with an AirHed VU ball head in a set that is ready for travel and performance.
3 Legged Thing Legends Ray Carbon Fiber Tripod (Bronze)
The compact and versatile Legends Ray Carbon Fiber Tripod Leg Set from 3 Legged Thing is a carbon fiber travel tripod that is both highly portable yet offers the height range of a typical tripod. Unlike other convertible tripods, the Ray features not just one, but three detachable legs, which can be used as monopods or boom arms. With all three legs removed, it can also be used as a table-top tripod by adding a set of 3LT's tripod footwear, available separately. Ray is constructed from eight layers of carbon fiber and has 3LT's new design of leg and column locks. and features bronze, aerospace-grade magnesium alloy components. The twist locks have been engineered with a new design of Chicken Lips (shims), which give them greater strength and grip, and they feature new rubber O-pads for improved grip and leverage. The durable anodized metal leg latches feature an auto-engage lock and is used to open and position Ray's legs and to release them for reverse folding. The three-section center column is removable and reversible and is topped with the patented, contoured Tri-Mount plate for easier use. Additionally, the plate features hollowed spurs for clip-on devices.
- 24:1 Load-to-weight ratio
- Rapid Latch leg release with auto-engage lock
- Independent leg spread
- Three leg angles: 23, 55, and 80°
- Contoured Tri-Mount plate with hollowed spurs for clip-on devices
- Raised O-pads on leg and column locks for improved grip, leverage, and water displacement
- Leg locks include a new design of Chicken Lips shims for increased strength and grip
- Clamshell-opening cushioned carrying case with storage pockets
- Includes Toolz multi-tool
3 Legged Thing AirHed Vu Ball Head (Blue)
The AirHed Vu Ball Head from 3 Legged Thing is a ball head with a load capacity of 88.2 lb that can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount. The head's magnesium alloy casing features a unique vision panel that allows the inner mechanism to be seen. By loosening the ball head's primary locking knob, the head's ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, and fully tilted to a vertical position or returned to its upright position. The base of the head incorporates an independent panning lock knob.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the included Arca-type QR-OCTA Quick Release Plate, which includes dual safety screws along the underside to prevent it from accidentally sliding off the receiver clamp when it is opened. The quick release receiver features a colored, knurled tightening knob to quickly and securely clamp the quick release plate.
AirHed Vu Ball Head
- Arca-type ball head with 88.2 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control and is tiltable down to a 90° angle
- Casing features a unique vision panel that allows inner mechanism to be seen
- Large primary locking knob with knurled surface allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, and fully tilted
- Secondary locking knob with knurled surface allows head to rotate 360°
- Integrated clamp on top of on the ball-and-socket joint is compatible with included QR-OCTA Quick Release Plate
- Knurled quick release receiver plate knob
- Built-in bubble level
- Durable magnesium alloy construction
QR-OCTA Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Arca-type quick release clamps
- 1/4"-20 mount
- Rubber traction pad
- Dual safety screws
- Durable, aluminum alloy construction