This version of the black Pelican 1485AirTP Hard Carry Case is designed for you to maximize its available space while providing maximum protection for your valuable gear. You get the 1485 case with a divider set designed by TrekPak.
Pelican 1485AirNF Hard Carry Case with Liner, No Foam (Black)
Built for strength and portability, the black Pelican 1485AirNF Hard Carry Case is designed to be dustproof, fully watertight, and crushproof to protect your valuable gear against the harshest handling, shipping, and environmental conditions on the planet. This edition of the 1485Air comes lined, but without foam or other inserts, allowing you the freedom to completely customize the 17.75 x 10.2 x 6.2" interior to your specific needs and to your specific gear.
Your case is made of a super-light proprietary HPX2 polymer, with honeycomb structural elements, which is up to 40% lighter than most other Pelican polymers and has newly designed dual push-button latches that provide ease-of-use versus previous iterations. Case design features include an O-ring that seals it to an IP67-rating to be dust and waterproof, dual stainless steel reinforced padlock holes, and a pressure relief valve. This valve regulates the internal pressure, keeping your gear and the case from getting crushed and allowing you to open the case without having to break a tough pressurized seal that may develop. A polycarbonate card holder may be placed on the front or side of the case.
TrekPak Divider Kit for Pelican 1485 Air Protector Case
This Divider Kit from TrekPak is designed for use within a Pelican 1485 Air Protector Case. It can replace an existing divider system, or be used to create partitions within a compatible and completely empty Pelican case. TrekPak divider kits utilize water-, tear-, and shred-resistant foam dividers with a corrugated plastic core, plus steel U-shaped divider locking pins. Once installed, they maximize available carrying space, protect equipment or valuables for transport, and provide interior organization that can easily be rearranged or customized along with any changes to the contents of the Pelican case.
The divider kit's design allows one of the two prongs on a divider locking pin to be inserted within a partition's corrugated core. Two adjacent partitions can accommodate both prongs on a single divider locking pin, resulting in them being firmly held together. Each divider locking pin features a nylon pull tab for easy removal, and the rapid release of any connected partitions.
Included within this divider kit are two perimeter insert sections, two 15" divider sections, two 18" divider sections, 20 divider locking pins, a divider cutter, and one bottom as well as one convoluted, egg-crate top foam unit. To ensure that the dividers properly correspond to a Pelican 1485 Air Protector Case's 6.15" internal height, the bottom foam unit must always be used when installing this divider kit. The perimeter insert sections can then be placed on top of the bottom foam unit so that together, they conform to the interior sides of the Pelican case. Like the dividers, the perimeter insert sections are constructed from foam with a corrugated core so a partition can be connected to the perimeter insert sections by a divider locking pin.
Items to be stored within the Pelican case can then be arranged on top of the bottom foam unit and within the perimeter insert sections before they are segmented using the dividers. Like the divider locking pins, the cutting tool integrates with the dividers' corrugated core. Multiple partitions can be quickly, easily, and precisely created by sliding the cutting tool through the dividers which can then be arranged and rearranged according to whatever is placed within the Pelican case.
A previously-installed top foam unit within a compatible Pelican case's lid does not need to be replaced with the included convoluted, egg-crate foam. However, when in use, the egg-crate foam's soft peaks help maximize cushioning to the contours of items that come into the most contact with it.
- For use within a Pelican 1485 Air Protector Case
- Replaces an existing divider system, or can be used to create partitions within a compatible and completely empty Pelican case
- Maximizes available carrying space, protects equipment or valuables for transport, and provides interior organization that can easily be rearranged or customized
- Utilizes water-, tear-, and shred-resistant foam dividers with a corrugated plastic core, plus steel U-shaped divider locking pins
- Divider kit provides two perimeter insert sections, two 15" divider sections, two 18" divider sections, 20 divider locking pins, one divider cutter, and one bottom as well as one convoluted, egg-crate top foam unit
- Cutting tool allows quick, easy, and precise creation of multiple partitions from divider sections
- Divider locking pins create firm connections among perimeter insert sections and partitions
- Nylon pull tab on each divider locking pin allows perimeter insert sections and partitions to be separated for fast configuration changes
- Bottom foam unit ensures that the included dividers properly correspond to a Pelican 1485 Air Protector Case's 6.15" internal height
- Convoluted, egg-crate lid foam's soft peaks help maximize cushioning to the contours of items that come into the most contact with it