The Vienna Symphonic Library Big Bang Orchestra: Capricorn is a virtual instrument with a library consisting of a massive 70-piece orchestra playing all together (aka Tutti-style). The library features a captivating variety of intense, rhythmic 4-bar riffs and themes that can be combined together to create bold orchestral musical sections in seconds for epic film and game scoring, trailer music, and sound design.
Big Bang Orchestra: Capricorn gives you exhilarating phrases orchestrated in the style of massive Hollywood film scores evoking a wide range of moods from subdued tension to thrilling action and exciting chases.
The software is compatible with Mac and Windows and operates in AU, VST, and AAX formats. Note that you do not need to have the free Big Bang Orchestra library previously installed to use Big Bang Orchestra: Capricorn.
Three Main Categories
- Main Themes: presenting the entire tonal spectrum of the symphony orchestra
- Low Riffs: played by the lower registers of strings, woodwinds, and brass
- High Riffs: played by the higher registers of strings, woodwinds, and brass
- With mixer presets such as War Fanfare or String is King, you can emphasize certain sections of the orchestra.
- Room mixes feature an excellent mix-down to stereo from the Decca tree and surround mic positions for a CPU- and RAM-saving sound that’s perfectly balanced right out of the box.
- Other mixer presets offer a combination of mic signals that you can adjust to your needs and liking, masterfully crafted by Synchron Stage Vienna’s chief recording engineer, Bernd Mazagg. These include Stereo Decca Tree and Surround to Stereo that feed the surround mics to the stereo signal for a richer and wider sound.
- Also included are Surround presets for 3D audio setups, as well as a Processed category with presets such as Close Big, Wide Big, Ambient Big, Massive, Lush, Vintage Tape, and many more.
Mix to the Max
- The Synchron Player provides realtime time-stretching with host synchronization (free update).
- All phrases are also available in 120, 130, and 140 bpm on all root notes over up to two octaves, so you can not only combine main riffs, low riffs, and high riffs of different phrases, but also of different root notes.
- The large number of microphone positions and their availability in the full-fledged mixer of the Synchron Player allow for even more sonic flexibility and variation possibilities, inviting you to be creative and experiment.
- Main (Decca Tree stereo)
- Main (Decca Tree center)
- Main surround stereo
- High stereo
- High surround stereo
- High strings
- Low strings
- Woodwinds close
- Horns close
- Trumpets close
- Low brass close