Suiting a multimedia approach to photo editing, PhotoDirector 12 Ultra from CyberLink is a versatile application for producing a wide variety of image types. Using a layer-based workflow, complex photo composites can be created in a non-destructive manner for more control and freedom. A variety of masking, blending, and adjustment tools afford greater creativity and flexibility, along with the ability to intelligently apply image corrections, work with Dehaze and Defringe functions for improved clarity, and creatively apply text for multimedia composites. Upping efficiency, Express Template and AI Style packs can be used to perform automated edits and complex composites with a single click and a series of AI-based tools, such as the Deblur tool and FaceMe engine, make use of intelligent automated functions to expedite image corrections and image sorting. Also ideal for those working with 360° cameras, specialized tools are available to highlight the 360° recording with "Little Planet" imagery or to produce striking wide-field panoramas. Enabling the use of video content to produce dynamic still photographs, Video-to-Face Swap, Motion Stills, and Photos from Video functions can be used to create a unique sense of motion or simply to ensure all your subjects are smiling and have their eyes open. Additionally, for saving and backing up all of your work and settings, 25GB of CyberLink cloud storage is included.
- Person segmentation precisely mask the outline of people to achieve flawless silhouettes of objects, or remove objects seamlessly, leaving backgrounds untouched.
- Layer history editing reduces the fear of mistakes by allowing quick switching between any already-edited layer ever made to find the perfect look.
- Different blending modes and masks can be used to fine-tune compositions, along with adjustment layers, group layers, clipping masks, and advanced text editing in multiple layers.
- Bevel and emboss text and customizable warped text layers allow you to adjust the look of text on images to better suit the overall composition.
- Group and filter layers, snap alignment, one-click layer alignment, and one-click layer distribution functions can all be used to organize objects and layers themselves for a more seamless and efficient editing process.
Aided by AI
- An AI-powered Deblur tool intelligently works to reduce the appearance of camera shake for cleaner images that have been affected by accidental camera movement.
- A dedicated AI Style Engine analyzes images to identify specific features of each shot in order to apply artistic brushstrokes or other painterly effects to transform your photographs into painting- and drawing-inspired digital images.
- The FaceMe engine utilizes AI facial recognition to help manage large photo collections and organize images based on detected and tagged faces.
Photos from Video
Guided Editing Tools
- Advanced color replacement lets you change the color and hue of a specific object or multiple selected objects at once.
- Content-aware editing makes it simple to remove, duplicate, or move objects within an image by brushing over them. An intelligent algorithm then blends areas to match the surrounding background for a seamless finish.
- Express Template Packs are available through the CyberLink store and contain all of the layer components that comprise complex image compositions. These templates are an easy way to produce dynamic images as well as learn how the individual layers work together to produce a finished result.
- Frame and Clip Art Packs are also available to add a creative finishing touch to an image.
- Dehaze slider lets you clear away haze, fog, and smog to produce clearer imagery.
- Defringe tool removes unwanted color fringing from image for a sharper, cleaner appearance.
- Editing of 360° images is also possible: A Little Planet feature emphasizes the spherical recording capabilities of a 360° camera and produces a unique globe-like effect. Alternatively, panoramic images can also be produced from a 360° capture for making flat, wide-field imagery, and a straightening tool can be used to remove distortions for straighter horizons.
Plug-Ins and Effects
- The Light Ray effect renders night and interior scenes with customizable light rays. Create illuminated cityscapes and soften shots rich with natural sunlight.
- Unique creative packs include a range of layer elements, stickers, and frames that will help you compose the perfect image.
- AI Style packs utilize the updated AI Style Engine to automatically analyze and identify photos and then intelligently apply brushstrokes to produce a unique painterly image.
- CyberLink Cloud integrates perfectly with PhotoDirector for safely storing your files and system settings.
- Included with PhotoDirector is 25GB of cloud storage, which can be upgraded through the CyberLink store.
- Besides backing up files to the cloud, this storage service can also be used for sharing your project files with others.
- System settings can be backed up in addition to the files themselves, allowing for an easier transition to a new computer or when reinstalling an operating system.