Offered here in a black finish, the Warm Audio WA-47jr is a large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone designed to provide the tonal characteristics of classic solid-state U47 microphones for vocalists, musicians, and recording engineers in home, project, and commercial recording studios. Thanks to three polar patterns—cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8—selectable from a switch on the front of the body, its versatility allows it to excel at anything from dry, close-up vocals to ambient room sounds. A -10 dB pad switch raises the maximum SPL from 147 dB to a high of 157 dB, enabling safe use when miking kick drums and cranked guitar and bass amps. Excessive low frequencies from proximity effect are easily reduced via the high-pass filter, which rolls off lows below 70 Hz.
The K47-style capsule reproduction features dual gold-sputtered, 6-micron Mylar diaphragms with a single backplate. The fully discrete signal path includes Toshiba FETs, WIMA film capacitors, and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors to deliver the clean tone associated with transformerless microphones. With a gold-plated XLR 3-pin connector and operability via 48V phantom power, it is compatible with most mixing consoles and mic preamps. It comes with a vibration-reducing shockmount and a compact hardmount to allow flexibility in placement and positioning.
Features at a Glance
- Updated transformerless version of the highly coveted classic '47 microphone
- Custom-made Warm Audio K47-style 1.3" capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v)
- Gold-sputtered, dual large diaphragms (6-micron Mylar) with a single backplate
- Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FETs, Wima film capacitors, and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors
- Cardioid, figure-8, and omnidirectional polar patterns
- 70 Hz high-pass filter
- -10 dB pad
- XLR 3-pin output
- Requires 48V phantom power
- Includes shockmount, hardmount, and pouch