Get podcasting quickly and easily with the Shure Podcasters Create & Caste Kit, packaged together by B&H for your convenience. The kit gives you the Shure SM58-LC, a vocal microphone that is a classic in both live and recorded sound. This mic is more than suitable for podcasting, especially in the handheld, panel-show style. The kit also provides a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Generation Interface, which will record your audio with ease. A pair of headphones round out the kit.
Shure SM58-LC Vocal Microphone
The Shure SM58-LC Vocal Microphone features a cardioid dynamic vocal design well suited for professional vocal use in live performances, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. A built-in spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise, while the cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The microphone offers durable construction, a high-quality internal shockmount system, and a steel mesh grille for withstanding rough handling. The SM58-LC is designed to perform consistently both outdoors and indoors and when used for singing or speech applications. The microphone includes a microphone clip and a zippered pouch.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll-off
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shockmount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant microphone clip that rotates 180 degrees
- High quality, rugged, and reliable
- Cardioid dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 Hz to 15 kHz
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2x2 USB Audio Interface (3rd Generation)
Built to deliver top-shelf sound in a compact, bag-friendly, and easy-to-use format for singer-songwriters, guitarists, and podcaster duos, the third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2x2 USB audio interface lets artists and content creators score pro-level tone with no learning curve, no matter where they go.
Equally capable for tracking vocals and instruments, the two improved Scarlett microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power for condenser mics and a selectable-per-channel Air circuit, which adds clarity-enhancing brightness based on Focusrite's legendary ISA preamplifier. The two XLR-1/4" combo inputs are outfitted with switches that allow them to accept signal directly from electric instruments such as guitar and bass or from line-level sources such as stereo mixer outputs or a hot feed from a drum machine.
Unlocking the ability to record at standard CD quality or high-fidelity resolutions, the 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters ensure that signals are captured and reproduced with detail and accuracy. Listen through headphones or connect active speakers to the balanced 1/4" monitor outputs, and enjoy independent control of the headphone and speaker volume settings. Use selectable direct monitoring in mono or stereo to hear your live input signal with no distracting echo or latency.
With its bus powering for uninhibited portability, space-saving USB Type-C connection, and extensive software bundle including elementary versions of Ableton Live and Avid Pro Tools music production workstations, virtual instruments, plug-in effects, loops, and more, the Scarlett 2i2 gives you plenty of powerful tools to kick-start your inspiration; just plug the Scarlett 2i2 into your Mac/Windows computer or iPad Pro (with USB Type-C), fire up your preferred audio recording software, and let the creativity flow.
Portable and Bus Powered
Pristine, High-Resolution Conversion
Scarlett Mic Preamps with Customizable Tone
Instrument/Line Input Switches
Straightforward Controls and Level Indication
Independent Headphone and Monitor Outputs
Extensive Software Bundle
- Ableton Live Lite: Popular music production software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack: The main elements and workflow of the industry standard Pro Tools in an entry-level package hundreds of virtual instrument sounds, 500MB of loops, and great-sounding effects
- 3 Months of Splice Sounds: Get access to millions of high-quality, royalty-free loops, one-shots, and presets, with new releases daily
- Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite: Accurate models Focusrite’s classic Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor
- XLN Audio: Choose of one of four XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle: World-class reverb, delay, and distortion plug-ins and an easy-to-use mastering tool from Softube
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-In Collective: Receive free versions of innovative software and benefit from discounts
Shure SRH440 Closed-Back Over-Ear Studio Headphones (New Packaging)
The Shure SRH440 closed-back, over-ear studio headphones provide high-quality audio reproduction and effective noise isolation for home recording, studio monitoring, and DJ mixing. Lightweight and sturdy, the headphones can also fold down for easy storage and transportation in the included carrying bag.
The SRH440 have large 40mm drivers that deliver clear, detailed audio with a wide frequency response of 10 Hz to 22 kHz. The closed-back, circumaural design helps reduce ambient noise and the thick replaceable earpads yield long-lasting comfort. The headband is adjustable and generously cushioned to ensure a pleasing fit on a range of head sizes.
The coiled, single-sided cable allows a variable amount of slack, resists tangles, and can be detached for easy replacement. It has a bayonet clip to keep it securely attached to the earcup. The gold-plated 3.5mm TRS mini plug and 1/4" adapter enable compatibility with MP3 players and mobile devices as well as DJ mixers and audio interfaces.