The Comica Audio Traxshot is a versatile camera-mount shotgun microphone for DSLR/mirrorless cameras and iOS/Android smartphones equipped with a headphone jack. It features two separate mic capsules that can be independently oriented to capture directional speech, 2-person interviews, music, or natural ambience—by selecting either a mono, stereo, or front/rear pickup pattern.
This all-in-one microphone allows mobile journalists, vloggers, and videographers to do more while carrying less, providing expanded audio options for shooting clear-sounding YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, wedding, outdoor/sports, music, or family videos at home or on the go.
Plug-and-play with simple operation, the Traxshot lets you switch between four pickup modes to suit your scenarios and usage requirements. You can choose between a Mono Mode, a tight 30° Stereo Mode 1, a wide 90° Stereo Mode 2, or a bidirectional Front/Rear Mode. The mic plugs into the 3.5mm TRS audio input of your camera or the 3.5mm TRRS headphone jack of your phone using the included cables.
The Traxshot features a continuously variable gain knob to adjust your recording level on the fly and a 3.5mm audio output that allows you to plug a set of headphones to monitor the quality of your sound while shooting. A high-resolution IPS display lets you clearly see the microphone status and battery life.
The mic has an integrated shoe mount outfitted with a proprietary Air-Float shockmount that absorbs vibrations in all directions. There is also a 1/4"-20 thread at the bottom for mounting on a tripod. The built-in windshield effectively reduces ambient wind noise. For outdoor shooting, a low-cut filter and two included furry windmuffs help reduce low-frequency noise caused by stronger wind and/or camera shake. The rugged, all-metal construction provides additional shielding against RF interference.
The mic operates up to 20 hours on a built-in battery that can be recharged via the USB Type-C port, using the included USB cable.
Transformable Mic with 4 Pickup Configurations
- Mono mode is achieved with the two mic capsules facing directly forward, giving you the most directional sound, great for personal vlogs and interviewing a single subject.
30° Stereo Mode 1
- Stereo Mode 1 has the two capsules at a 30° "V" angle to provide a wider pickup range when interviewing two or more people or recording at a party.
90° Stereo Mode 2
- Stereo Mode 2 has the two capsules at a 90° angle (X/Y configuration), giving you the widest pickup range and ideal for recording live music, nature sounds, and ambience.
Bidirectional Front/Rear Mode
- The Front/Rear Mode has one mic capsule facing forward—focused on the subject in front of the camera—while the second capsule is aimed at the rear, allowing it to pick up audio from the person holding the camera. With this setup, both the interviewee's and interviewer's voice are captured clearly, ideal for 2-person interviews.
At a Glance
- Supercardioid transformable all-in-one shotgun mic
- Integrated Air-Float shockmount
- Integrated shoemount adapter with 1/4"-20 thread
- Bright IPS display
- Stepless gain control
- Real-time headphone monitoring
- Built-in lithium battery rechargeable via USB Type-C port
- Low-cut filter
- Internal windproof design
- Two high-density furry windmuffs
- USB Type-C port supports firmware updates