Distinguished by its impressive speed, the FUJIFILM GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR is a short portrait-length prime built for the GFX mirrorless medium format system. This 63mm-equivalent lens pairs a slightly narrow focal length with an extremely bright maximum aperture for flexible depth of field control and impressive low-light performance.
Perfect for Portraiture
With a 63mm equivalent focal length, this lens is wider than typical portrait-length lenses. This enables capturing more context and a broader field of view while still having the selectiveness of a lens that's longer than normal. This focal length also pairs with an impressively bright f/1.7 maximum aperture that gives a huge range of depth of field control and excels in low-light conditions.
- Sweet-spot focal length offers increased versatility for a variety of portrait scenarios, including group shots or tighter mid-length perspectives.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to an especially smooth bokeh quality that renders a pleasing subject-background separation to place more attention on the desired subject.
- Two Super ED elements reduce fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to deliver high color fidelity and clarity.
- An aspherical element also delivers a high degree of sharpness and reduces distortion for natural, realistic rendering at various focusing distances.
Reliable Autofocus and Design
Autofocus accuracy is critical when working with a bright design and shallow depth of field; the GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR features a powerful DC motor and high-precision GMR sensor to deliver focusing performance that's both quick and accurate to help catch fleeting and decisive moments.
- Minimum focusing distance of 2.3' and a maximum magnification of 0.15x offer enough focusing versatility to photograph group and full-length portraits as well as closer mid-length shots that focus on subject's torsos and heads.
- Despite the large maximum aperture, the lens remains relatively compact and lightweight, measuring just 3.9" long and weighing 1.75 lb, enabling easy handheld use for more freedom while shooting.
- Dust- and weather-sealed physical construction enables working in harsh climates and temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Front element features a fluorine coating for easy cleaning and to repel dust, dirt, and moisture.
- Physical aperture ring allows for intuitive adjustment over exposure settings and incorporates a C (Command) position to permit camera-based aperture setting.