- Lock-on AF maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject
- Expand Flexible Spot employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus
- Focus frame color is selectable, between white and red, and AF tracking is possible with apertures narrower than f/16 with select lenses when working in Focus Priority mode
- Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized human subjects' eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes, for both stills and video. Eye AF can be used when photographing animal subjects, too, with any focusing mode when shooting stills
- Focus Magnifier function can be used for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details
- Rear touchscreen can also be used for Touch Focus control, and a Touchpad Focus Control mode lets you use the rear screen intuitively while keeping your eye to the viewfinder
- When working in AF-C mode, the focus point can be moved while the shutter button is half-pressed, making it easier to quickly shift focus without losing sight of the action
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
- A Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF is featured and has a 3.69m-dot resolution and 0.78x-magnification for bright, clear viewing in rich detail, and a dedicated High Quality setting enables a 120 fps refresh rate for especially smooth playback of moving subjects. Additionally, a fluorine coating has been applied to the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
- In addition to the EVF, a 3.0" 1.44m-dot rear LCD is also available, which has a touch panel design for intuitive operation and focusing control. The screen also tilts upward and downward to benefit working from high and low angles.
- Magnesium alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses, and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Extensive weather-sealing, including enhanced sealing around the battery cover, terminal cover, and chassis joints, has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
- Using the same NP-FZ100 battery as its predecessor, the a9 II's battery life is rated for approximately 500 shots per charge with the EVF or 690 shots with the rear LCD.
- Durable shutter design has been tested for 500,000 actuations.
- Compatible with optional VG-C4EM Vertical Grip.
- Dual SD memory card slots allow for flexible file saving and handling and can be configured to partition raw and JPEG files or can be used for overflow recording. Both of the card slots are rated to support UHS-II memory cards for faster transfer speeds.
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port is featured, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged from the host power source while connected.
- Integrated PC sync terminal for wired flash sync with strobe packs or wireless radio remotes.
- Updated Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending a digital audio signal to the camera, opposed to an analog signal.
- Both 3.5mm microphone and headphone ports are featured for improved quality and control over audio when recording videos.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a9 II to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online, and support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- Integrated Ethernet port has been upgraded to 1000BASE-T speed for quick wired LAN sharing and remote operation.
- When working over a wired LAN, the Remote Camera Tool 2.1 app now has been enhanced for a reduced release time lag and live view delays as well as support for remote SD card formatting, FTP server switching, and changes to the still image storage destination. Wired or wireless LAN transfers can also occur in the background, while continuing to shoot.
- Imaging Edge Remote for desktop now supports the a9 II for PC Remote shooting via the Wi-Fi connection or tethered by the wired USB Type-C port. An updated data transfer control now makes it possible to transfer files from an SD card over Wi-Fi using the Imaging Edge Mobile app even when the camera is powered off.
- Transfer & Tagging add-on app can send FTP setting parameters from your mobile device to the camera, offers automatic data upload to an FTP server with attached metadata, and can perform automatic voice-to-text conversion.
- Voice Memos can be recorded in conjunction with still images and allow for attaching up to 60-second-long sound recordings to individual images. Saved as WAV audio files, these memos can be attached to files and played when the images are reviewed. Using the Transfer & Tagging add-on on a smartphone, you can automatically or manually convert this audio into text to be embedded in the image's metadata.
- Save/load camera settings is possible in-camera as well as to an SD card for working with the same shooting settings with multiple camera bodies.
- Customizable Fn button can be set to handle separate tasks depending on if working in stills or video modes.
- Up to 10 distinct FTP settings can be saved and stored to an SD card, or up to 20 different settings can be saved via the Imaging Edge Mobile app.
Created for mobile filmmakers, photographers, and broadcasters, the Xperia PRO 512GB 5G Smartphone from Sony has been engineered to live stream and upload high-resolution content at blistering 5G mmWave speeds. To ensure you get the fastest speeds possible, a Network Visualizer app can be used to test signal strength, letting you set up live shots in the best possible location. Other technologies, such as a body made from a low dielectric constant material and 360° beamforming antenna, further boost your ability to achieve and sustain a strong 5G signal. (Please note that sub-6 support requires a software update)
With the connection of an (optional) Micro-HDMI cable between your camera or camcorder and the Xperia PRO, you can live broadcast/livestream what your camera sees through the Xperia PRO's 5G cellular connection. You can also use the Micro-HDMI connection to utilize the phone's brilliant 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5" 4K HDR OLED screen as a pro-style live monitor, offering more accurate color and image representation onscreen. This high-quality output is made possible with Creator Mode, which provides a BT.2020 color space, DCI-P3 100% color gamut, and a calibrated D65 white point.
- 12MP Ultra-Wide: 16mm focal length, f/2.2 aperture, 1/2.55 Exmore RS sensor, and 124° FOV
- 12MP Wide: 24mm focal length, f/1.7 aperture, 1/1.7 Exmor RS sensor, and 82° FOV
- 12MP Telephoto: 70mm focal length, f/2.4 aperture, 1/3.4" sensor, and 34° FOV
The system was developed in conjunction with Sony Alpha 9 engineers to ensure quality and provide much-desired features not normally found in a mobile phone. Features like manual controls, support for shooting raw, up to 20 fps continuous wide-angle shooting (up to 10 fps at 16 or 70mm), and real-time eye autofocus that works on both humans and animals. These engineers also used premium calibrated ZEISS optics with ZEISS T-coating to boost contrast and reduce reflections.
You also get a trigger function for recording and stopping via a USB Type-C cable and on-screen statuses that include whether you're recording or not, shutter speed, f-stop, ISO, and EV. When connected to an Alpha camera, you can even control features of the Alpha itself.
- 512GB of internal storage space
- Supports an optional microSDXC card up to 1TB in size (shared with the 2nd SIM slot)
- 8MP selfie camera with HDR and an 84° FOV
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity
- Intelligent wind filter
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G mobile platform
- Fast charging via USB Power Delivery
- PS4 Remote Play
- 10-bit tonal gradation (8-bit display with 2-bit software smoothing)
- Motion blur reduction
- X1 for mobile
- Supported Image Playback Formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, WebP, WBMP, HEIF, DNG, CR2, NEF, NRW, ARW, RW2, ORF, RAF, PEF, and SRW
- Supported Video Playback Formats: H.263, H.264, H.265, MPEG-4 Video, AV1, VP8, and VP9
- Up to 20 fps AF/AE5
- Up to 60 times per second continuous AF/AE calculation
- Dual photodiode
- 3D iToF sensor
- Photo OIS
- Video OIS, EIS, and Optical SteadyShot (hybrid OIS/EIS)
- Video SteadyShot with Intelligent Active Mode (5-axis stabilization)
- Photo flash and photo light
- Up to 3x (70mm lens equivalent) optical zoom
- Up to 3x digital zoom (16, 24, and 70mm lenses)
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo capture
- Portrait Selfie, Display Flash, and Hand and Smile Shutter modes
- JPEG and raw image capture formats
- MP4 (AVC264 and HEVC265) video capturing format
- Supported Audio Playback Formats: AAC-LC, AAC+, eAAC+, AAC-ELD, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, PCM, Opus, ALAC, DSD, and 360 Reality Audio Music Format
- Supported Audio Recording Formats: AAC-LC, AAC+, AAC-ELD, AMR-NB, and AMR-WB
- Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC)
- Teletypewriter (TTY)
- Volume key shortcut
- Screen readers: Select-to-Speak, TalkBack, and Text-to-speech output
- Display: Font size, display size, magnification, color correction, color inversion, large mouse cursor, remove animations
- Interaction Controls: Accessibility menu, switch access, click after mouse pointer stops moving, power button ends call, autorotate screen, touch and hold delay, and vibration
- Audio and On-Screen Text: mono audio, captions
- Experimental: High-contrast text
The formfitting Light Camera Cage from SmallRig protects and offers accessory mounting for your Sony a7R IV or a9 II camera. The durable aluminum cage maintains open access to the camera's controls and features a variety of mounting options. It features multiple 1/4"-20 threads and ARRI-style 3/8"-16 anti-twist mounts for attaching accessories.
There are multiple 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mounting threads on the bottom to add an optional quick release plate or mount onto a tripod. The camera mounts onto the cage using a 1/4"-20 screw, as well as an M2.5 screw on the side to prevent twisting, and rubber padding on the base also helps prevent twisting and scratching. An integrated strap slot allows you to add an optional wrist or shoulder strap. A screwdriver is included to secure the screws, and it stores in the base of the cage.
SmallRig Top Handle 1984
SmallRig Wooden Side Handle 2093
SmallRig Cable Clamp 3104
SmallRig ARRI Locating Handle 2165
SmallRig Ball Head Magic Arm 2115
SmallRig's HDMI Clamp 3104 is designed for their 2917/2918 cages for the Sony a7 III, a7R III, and a7R IV. The clamp attaches to the cage with a single included 1/4"-20 screw, and it secures your HDMI cable connector at the turn of a thumbscrew to prevent accidental disconnections.
While the 2917/2918 cages also support other cameras, this clamp is designed specifically for the above a7 series cameras.
The adjustable Swivel and Tilt Monitor Mount from SmallRig attaches to your camera rig via an ARRI-style mount with locating pins. Supporting an onboard monitor weighing up to 2.6 lb, this mount swivels 360° and tilts 170°, enabling you to position your monitor at the best viewing angle.
Constructed from CNC-machined aluminum, the Swivel and Tilt Mount has protective rubber padding on top and includes an Allen wrench for tightening the mount.
Take your smartphone photography to the next level with a Xuma Smartphone Mount. This mount fits devices 2.4 to 3.25" wide, holding them in place with a spring-loaded bracket with a rubber coating to protect your device's finish. It features three 1/4"-20 standard tripod threaded holes: one at the top, one at the bottom, and one on the back. This lets you mount your device to a tripod or monopod while still being able to attach 1/4"-20-compatible peripherals, like lights and microphones.
The 1' SmallHD Micro-HDMI Cable lets you connect a FOCUS monitor to your compatible camera.