The re-issue of the iconic Noctilux-M 50mm f/1.2 ASPH. Lens from Leica is the return of a one of the most famous M-mount lenses, carefully adapted with modern design and production advances to recreate its unique aesthetic for contemporary photographers. Images captured at an open aperture feature a soft, dreamlike quality, creating an unmistakable look with exquisite bokeh. The optical design is almost identical to the original 1966 lens, providing a classic, vintage feel. Two large-diameter aspherical elements control spherical aberrations for improved clarity and reduced distortion. Although the Noctilux-M 50mm f/1.2 has a unique look at a wide aperture, the lens is versatile and rugged enough for everyday use.
- Extremely fast f/1.2 maximum aperture affords notable depth of field control
- May be used for working handheld in low-light conditions
- Distinct "slightly soft" rendering characteristic of Noctilux lenses
- Two aspherical elements
- Eight elements in five groups
- Packaging based on original design
- Includes transparent plastic container