Pairing the classic wide-angle focal length with an optically refined design, the black APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH. lens from Leica is a fast wide-angle prime characterized by its apochromatic designation. Six lens elements feature anomalous partial dispersion and high refractive index glass, rendering the lens capable of focusing red, green, and blue wavelengths at the same plane in order to virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations. In addition, three aspherical elements with a total of four aspherical surfaces are incorporated to reduce spherical aberrations, providing edge-to-edge sharpness.
The APO-Summicron-M 35 f/2 ASPH. goes one step further, by facilitating true close-up imaging with minimum a focusing distance of just 11.8", surpassing previous M-series lenses featuring a typical close-focus distance of approximately 27.5". With a smoothly engineered detent at 0.7m on the focus ring, the user can feel when the lens steps into the close-focus range and indicates when Live View or an EVF should be used for precise focus and composition. This compact 35mm lens is also distinguished by its compact form factor, making it ideal for use as an everyday lens. Like all M-mount lenses, it features a manual focus design, and a convenient focusing tab for more refined control during use.
- Apochromatic design employs six anomalous partial color dispersion glass elements
- Three aspherical elements with a total of four aspherical surfaces for improved edge to edge sharpness
- Closest focus distance available in M lens portfolio: 11.8" / 0.3m
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low light conditions and adds greater control over depth of field
- Compact overall design is ideal for use in everyday shooting situations
- Includes lens hood and leather pouch