This Zoom H8 8-Input / 12-Track Portable Handy Recorder with Injection-Molded Case Kit from B&H includes an H8 recorder, an XYH-6 X/Y microphone capsule, four AA batteries, and an SKB iSeries watertight/submersible case for the recorder and two mic modules. It is well suited for transporting and protecting your complete H8 recorder setup when working in the field, on live recordings, video, live broadcast, or electronic news gathering projects.
The H8 handy recorder is a versatile, 12-track, portable recorder with four XLR Mic inputs and two XLR-1/4" mic/line/Hi-Z inputs. It doubles as a USB interface and features an interchangeable microphone system with six interchangeable capsules (one included, five available separately), which can be swapped out as easily as the lenses on a camera.
The SKB iSeries injection-molded case for Zoom H8 recorder and mic modules offers protection against dust, water submersion, impact, corrosion, and fungus. It includes pockets for the recorder, the included XYH-6 X/Y mic capsule, and the optional SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule. It also holds up to two memory cards, cables, and additional accessories.
With three app-driven modes that instantly configure the color touchscreen for podcasting, music production, or location recording, the Zoom H8 portable handheld recorder lets you quickly record up to eight simultaneous input signals via a workflow that's highly optimized for your task. Plus, it's compatible with an array of capsules (available separately) for easy expansion into 10-input recording, Ambisonics 360-degree audio, and more.
Like other H-Series Handy recorders such as the H5 and H6, you can hold the H8 in your hand, attach it to a mic stand or tripod, or mount it to a camera (shoe mount available separately); the H8 packs an impressive array of features into a lightweight body that's more than ready to meet the varied demands of podcasters, musicians, sound designers, and content creators. The bundled Cubase LE and WaveLab Cast software programs give you the tools you need to edit, refine, export, and upload your projects.
From the intuitive, tactile controls to the plentiful battery life and powerful audio processing functions, the H8 is well equipped for producing pristine audio for complete musical arrangements, independent films, and panel podcasts. It can supply phantom or plug-in power for condenser mics, or accept direct connections from guitars, keyboards, or drum machines. No matter the source, selectable auto-recording and pre-recording ensure that you'll never miss the start of a take, and stereo safety track recording provides duplicate tracks at a lower level to avoid distortion.
- Podcast App: With four mic channels and two sound pad channels readily available, the Podcast app makes high-quality podcast production easy. Use the 13 pre-loaded sounds or load your own from an SD card to trigger sound effects, music beds, and more from the dedicated Sound Pads.
- Music App: Record up to 10 input tracks, overdub, mix, and enhance your recordings with EQ and compression, all while the Music app puts important controls such as audio levels, faders, and metering at your fingertips. Plus, you can connect to Zoom’s Guitar Lab via USB to access a vast assortment of amps and effects.
- Field App: Designed for location sound, sound design, conferences, and more, the Field app gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. It also lets you quickly adjust input type, lo-cut filtering, compression, limiting, the noise gate, and other key settings.
- XAH-8: The XAH-8 capsule delivers pristine stereo recordings via its two condenser microphones. Easily rotate the capsules from a tight X/Y pattern to a wide AB pattern to enhance the stereo image of your recordings.
- VRH-8: The VRH-8 is an Ambisonic mic capsule that utilizes four condenser microphones to deliver immersive 360-audio recordings. A built-in accelerometer helps ensure the capsule is always perfectly aligned, while the onboard Ambisonic decoder automatically handles the necessary conversions, saving you time in post-production.
- EXH-8: The EXH-8 capsule provides four additional XLR inputs, giving you a total of 10. Each additional input has a dedicated gain knob and pad switch. You can even use your favorite condenser microphones—just connect a power source to the EXH-8 capsule to supply phantom power.
Record all channels simultaneously or utilize the overdubbing function to add layers of instruments after an initial recording. Adjust levels and pans for your tracks, then use the H8's internal mixdown function to blend your tracks down to a stereo file.
Alternatively, use the H8 as a 12-in/2-out USB 2.0 audio interface (at up to 24-bit / 96 kHz) with your Mac or Windows computer. For audio interface operation with an iPad, an Apple Camera Connection Kit is required and available separately.
Backup record enables the H8 to automatically record a duplicate of the L/R input with less input gain. Even if your original track is distorted, chances are the backup version will be fine!
Take your Zoom H8 from gig to gig in style and safety with the iSeries Zoom H8 Case from SKB. This case offers a high degree of protection for your Zoom H8 thanks to its rigid, injection-molded, mil-standard polypropylene copolymer resin shell.
The interior sports foam that has been cut to fit the Zoom H8 while providing room for the XYH-6 X/Y mic capsule, an SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule, and two memory cards. You'll also find space for other accessories, such as short cables and additional capsules.