An ideal starter bundle, the Nikon Z6 II Mirrorless Camera with 24-200mm Lens Kit from B&H bundles the sleek full-frame mirrorless body and NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR all-in-one zoom lens.
Nikon Z6 II Mirrorless Camera
More speed, more versatility, more performance, the Nikon Z6 II is an updated take on the all-rounder mirrorless camera designed for high-end photo and video applications. Despite the wealth of upgrades, the Z6 II retains its familiar form factor and prized image quality to benefit working multimedia image-makers.
Revolving around a 24.5MP BSI CMOS sensor and dual EXPEED 6 image processors, the Z6 II is characterized by an increased buffer depth and faster continuous shooting rate, up to 14 fps with single-point AF or 12 fps shooting in other focusing modes. Video recording at UHD 4K 30p is possible, or up to FHD 120p for slow-motion output, and external recording gains 10-bit out along with N-Log and HLG (HDR) support. The sensor also suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, with sensitivity from ISO 100-51200, and in-body 5-axis Vibration Reduction reduces the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the sensor also incorporates a 273-point phase-detection AF system, which now supports Eye-Detect AF in Wide-Area AF modes and during movie recording, and permits focusing in low-light down to -4.5 EV.
Balancing the imaging, the Z6 II retains its overall physical design, however it has been updated with a new dual memory card slot interface to hold one CFexpress Type B card and one SD UHS-II card for more flexible storage. Both a high-res 3.6m-dot OLED EVF and rear 3.2" 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD lend versatility to image composition and playback, and SnapBridge wireless connectivity can be used for remote camera control, image sharing to a mobile device, and even over-the-air firmware updates.
Firmware version 1.10 unlocks UHD 4K recording at 60p and 50p frame rates, enables raw video output to Blackmagic Design Video Assist external recorders, and improves eye-detection performance when using Auto-Area AF and Wide-Area AF modes.
Second Generation Z
- Dual EXPEED 6 image processors offer increased buffer performance, a faster 14 fps continuous shooting rate, and noticeably reduced blackout times in the viewfinder.
- Updated autofocus now includes Eye and Face Detection for both humans and animals in the Wide-Area AF mode, for both photo and video recording.
- Timed long exposure shooting is now possible for up to 900 seconds (15 minutes) without the need of an external remote.
- Dual memory card slots offer more flexible file storage capabilities; one CFexpress Type B and one SD UHS-II slot permit overflow, segregated, and repetitive saving options.
- USB Type-C port permits in-camera charging or continuous power for on-the-go charging or extended shooting times.
- The rotation direction of the focus ring on lenses can be switched to suit one's familiarity.
- Support for HDR (HLG) mode when recording externally gives instant HDR-suitable video files for immediate playback. N-Log is also available for enhanced control during post-production and grading, too.
- Future firmware update will add UHD 4K 60p recording, in addition to the current 30p frame rate.
- Eligible for an optional ProRes RAW upgrade, enabling the camera to output ProRes RAW footage to a compatible Atomos external recorder. This upgrade provides greater color grading flexibility with the ProRes codec along with the ability to output uncompressed 12-bit raw footage over HDMI. This upgrade will be available in early 2021.
- The SnapBridge wireless connectivity can be used to update the camera's firmware, instead of relying on a memory card-based system of updating.
- Updated creative shooting modes include Multiple Exposure, 20 different Picture Control settings, and in-camera Timelapse recording. There is also a Focus Shift mode for recording up to 300 sequential frames with the focus position shifted between exposures for focus stacking applications.
- Compatible with optional MB-N11 Power Battery Pack for additional battery life and improved handling.
24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and Dual EXPEED 6 Processors
UHD 4K Video Recording
Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z6 II, including the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range and HLG (HDR) for recording HDR-ready footage. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
Firmware version 1.10 unlocks UHD 4K recording at 60p and 50p frame rates and enables raw video output to Blackmagic Design Video Assist external recorders, and also improves eye-detection performance Auto-Area AF and Wide-Area AF modes.
273-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot OLED electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z6 II is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one CFexpress Type B/XQD memory card slot and one UHS-II SD card slot, flexible file storage is possible with the option to use repetitive, overflow, or segregated storage methods.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance. Additionally, SnapBridge can also be used as an easier method of updating the camera's firmware.
Z6 II Firmware Ver. 1.30 (Released 10/19/2021)
Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lens
A one-lens solution for working in a wide variety of shooting situations, the NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR from Nikon is an all-in-one 8.3x zoom covering wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths. An advanced optical design, which uses a series of aspherical and ED elements, pairs with both ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coatings to produce sharp and clear image quality with high contrast and accurate color rendering to benefit working in various lighting conditions.
The impressive zoom reach is also benefitted by Vibration Reduction image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. Also, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.