Comprising the essentials needed to begin shooting, the Nikon Z7 Mirrorless Camera with 24-200mm Lens and Accessories Kit from B&H bundles the sleek full-frame mirrorless body and NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR all-in-one zoom lens with a memory card and a protective camera bag.
Nikon has taken the next step in their imaging journey with the Z7 Mirrorless Camera, dubbed "The Perfectionist," and the revolutionary Z System. This high-resolution FX-format camera introduces the Z Mount, a large diameter design with a short 16mm flange distance that allows Nikon to create compact, yet powerful cameras and develop more advanced optics. The Z7 is among the first in the series, and brings with it a 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine, delivering outstanding image quality and speed with a native sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600.
On the sensor you will find an advanced phase-detect autofocus system using 493 points covering 90% of the image area and the sensor features 5-axis Vibration Reduction technology for stabilized photos and video regardless of the lens used. This advanced hybrid AF system will also benefit video. The Z7 features UHD 4K recording at up to 30p and can use the N-Log gamma profile along with the camera's 10-bit HDMI output to create cinema-quality video. The camera's high-resolution sensor also permits the use of an 8K Time-Lapse mode.
As with many mirrorless systems, the Z Series boasts a much more compact form factor than its DSLR counterparts. The Z7 is no exception with its slimmed down design and lighter build, though it maintains the weather sealing and ergonomics for which Nikon is known. The camera features multiple displays and screens for ease of use, including a 0.80x 3.6m-dot EVF with NIKKOR optics and a Fluorine coating, ensuring clear viewing. The rear of the camera is equipped with a 3.2" 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD while the top offers a dot-matrix OLED for quickly checking settings. Additionally, the body is equipped with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z7. This includes the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
Further complementing video capabilities, the Z7 is eligible for an optional ProRes RAW upgrade, enabling the camera to output ProRes RAW footage to a compatible Atomos external recorder. This upgrade provides greater color grading flexibility with the ProRes codec along with the ability to output uncompressed 12-bit raw footage over HDMI. This upgrade requires sending the camera to Nikon's Service Department for installation.
The Z7 also blends both still and video capabilities with the ability to produce 8K time-lapses using the Interval Timer Mode or in-camera 4K time-lapse movies, with the ability to record up to 9999 exposures for either method. This system also makes use of a silent interval timer, which produces no shutter noise, does not contribute to wear on the shutter mechanism, and is energy efficient to maximize battery life.
- Built-in to the body is a 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction mechanism for up to 5 stops of stabilization regardless of the lens used. This system also works with adapted lenses when using the optional FTZ Adapter where 3-axis stabilization is used.
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a Fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z7 is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one CFexpress Type B/XQD memory card slot, the camera will be able to quickly save photo and video files.
- A robust magnesium-alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL15b rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 330 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported. This camera is also compatible with EN-EL15 and EN-EL15a batteries, however do not support in-camera charging.
A one-lens solution for working in a wide variety of shooting situations, the NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR from Nikon is an all-in-one 8.3x zoom covering wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths. An advanced optical design, which uses a series of aspherical and ED elements, pairs with both ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coatings to produce sharp and clear image quality with high contrast and accurate color rendering to benefit working in various lighting conditions.
The impressive zoom reach is also benefitted by Vibration Reduction image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. Also, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
Designed for professional photographers and videographers, the 32GB G Series XQD Memory Card from Sony is made to excel in high-end DSLRs, including models from Nikon and Sony, and offers a storage capacity of up to 32GB. Equipped with a PCIe 2.0 interface, this XQD card features read speeds of up to 440 MB/s and write speeds of up to 400 MB/s, allowing it to record 4K video and up to 200 continuous raw still image bursts.
As with most Sony cards, this memory card is shockproof, X-ray proof, and magnet proof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 149°F, allowing you to take this card with you into extreme environments, such as snow and deserts. It is also resistant to intense UV light exposures, can resist damage from drops up to 16.4', and up to 50 N of force. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download File Rescue software for free to help recover deleted content, including raw images, MOV files, and 4K XAVC-S video.
The Hunter 35 DSLR Holster Bag from Ruggard is slightly larger than the Hunter 25 and holds a DSLR (up to semi-pro size) with lens attached, face down, in shooting position. When you're ready to shoot, simply remove your camera, get the shot and replace your camera in the bag. The zippered top of the bag opens away from your body for fast access to your gear. This also serves as a security feature since no one but you will be able to see inside the bag.
The bag has a water-repellent exterior and smooth polyester lining that helps prevent scratches to the finish of your camera/lens combo. Inside, there are two removable touch fastened strips that can be configured to support your gear.
For storage, there is a front zippered organizer panel, mesh side pocket and two side loops that accept optional pouches. On the inside of the quick-release flap, there are two touch fastened memory card pockets. The bag is carried by its removable shoulder strap, top carry handle or belt loop that will leave you hands free. The zippers have yellow pull tabs that make the bag easy to use while you're wearing gloves.