The next-generation Audio-Technica AT-LP5X Fully Manual Direct-Drive USB/Analog Turntable pushes the performance of its predecessor, the renowned AT-LP5, to new heights. Offering upgraded features like 3-speed (33-1/3, 45, 78 rpm ) motor, a preamp gain switch to accommodate both moving-magnet (MM) and moving-coil (MC) cartridges, an AT-VM95E dual moving-magnet stereo cartridge, and a sleek, contemporary style with matte finish, this versatile deck looks every bit as good as it sounds.
The AT-LP5X incorporates a J-shaped tone arm, a design that harks back to the '60s and '70s, and utilizes a metallic gimbal suspension system with precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors. The tone arm also features an adjustable counterweight, antiskate control, and comes outfitted with a lightweight (0.3 oz) AT-HS6 headshell and a black, high-output / low-distortion AT-VM95E dual moving-magnet stereo cartridge.
Housed in a mass-damped, high-density polymer cabinet with heavy-mass metal chassis inserts, the AT-LP5x is engineered to limit low-frequency acoustical feedback. The precision-machined, die-cast aluminum platter is powered by a direct-drive, high-torque motor, ensuring stable, on-axis rotation at 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm.
The turntable features a built-in, switchable MM/MC phono/line analog preamp with RCA output connectors that enable connection to either a home stereo or powered speakers, or allow you to connect to a phono preamp. The selection of MM/MC cartridges optimize the gain for your cartridge of choice, allowing for an easy upgrade to a moving-coil cartridge without additional equipment. Moreover, the USB port gives you a direct connection to a Windows/Mac computer, great for preserving your favorite vinyl records as digital files.
The AT-LP5X ships with an AC adapter, USB cable, dual-RCA stereo cable (with grounding wire), 45 rpm adapter, and a removable dust cover with hinges.
High-Fidelity Heritage, Upgraded Technology, and Contemporary Style
- Fully manual operation with three speeds: 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm
- Direct-drive, low-noise motor
- J-shaped tone arm takes its inspiration from the classic A-T models of the 1960s and ’70s—engineered to minimize tracking errors
- AT-VM95E dual moving-magnet stereo cartridge (black) with replaceable stylus
- Lightweight AT-HS6 headshell
- Selection of MM/MC optimizes gain for your cartridge of choice
- Switchable built-in line/phono preamplifier enables connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input
- Antiresonance, die-cast aluminum platter
- Heavy rubber damping mat for improved low-frequency reproduction
- AC adapter handles AC/DC conversion outside of the chassis, reducing noise in the signal chain
- Elegant matte-black finish
- Includes dual-RCA stereo cable with grounding wire, 45 rpm adapter, USB cable
- Includes removable dust cover with hinges