Add an action camera with mounting and media accessories to your production with the GoPro HERO8 Black Creator Kit put together by B&H. The Creator Kit includes the GoPro HERO8 camera, the Media Mod, and the Display Mod.
The HERO8 Black captures up to 4K60 video and adds improved image stabilization and many other exciting features. It has an impact-resistant lens, improved time-lapse capture, and much more. The Media Mod adds the ability to expand your GoPro capabilities with a built-in directional mic, a 3.5mm mic input, a micro-HDMI output, a USB Type-C accessory port, and two shoe mounts. The Display Mod connects to the Media Mod and provides a crisp, flip-up 2" display to monitor your shot.
GoPro augments its already impressive action camera line with the HERO8 Black, the versatile next-generation action cam designed to capture smooth, stable footage of your latest adventure, from a simple boat trip to a wild jump-off-a-mountain ride. The HERO8 Black features updated HyperSmooth 2.0 stabilization to produce smooth, gimbal-like movement at all supported frame rates, without the need for a gimbal. You can also use the HERO8 Black as a webcam on your computer using a free, downloadable app. Additional updates include a sleeker physical design with a "folding fingers" type base for fast mounting, a redesigned battery door for quicker battery changes, a lens with twice the impact resistance as the HERO7, an optional Battery Mod for nearly 2.5x more battery life, an optional flip-up Display Mod to make viewing your frame easier, an optional LED Light Mod, and an optional Media Mod to expand your accessory possibilities.
The GoPro HERO8 Black supports up to UHD 4K video resolutions, and time-lapse, up to 1080p240 slow motion, and super-slow-motion video. Still images can be captured in up to 12MP resolution in bursts of up to 30 images per second with the updated SuperPhoto with HDR support that helps reduce blur and enhance detail in low-light situations. It also features an updated Night-Lapse function to shoot and process up to 4K time-lapses at night. The LiveBurst function allows you to record 1.5 seconds before and after your photo to give you more choices for the best frame. The lens field of view (FOV) choices have also been updated to four modes: Narrow, Linear at 24.4mm, Wide at 16.5mm, and SuperView at 15.1mm.
Like its predecessor, the HERO8 Black supports direct streaming to Facebook Live. It's also waterproof to 33', suiting it for surfing, snorkeling, and swimming activities. Separately available floats and housings are available separately for additional water support and even deeper underwater activities down to 196'. The touchscreen provides quick and easy management, but when your hands are full, the HERO8 Black understands 15 voice commands in over ten languages and accents so you can verbally control the HERO8 Black. Just shout "GoPro, take a photo" and your HERO8 will use your current settings to snap a photo, making selfies a breeze.
- Smaller, more streamlined design
- Use it as a webcam on your computer using a downloadable app and the latest camera firmware
- Swapping mounts and changing batteries has been made even faster
- Lens is two times more impact resistant
- Improved HyperSmooth 2.0 stabilization and TimeWarp 2.0 time-lapse
- Night-lapse and LiveBurst support
- Slow motion up to 1080p240 and stability improvements
- Change easily between lens FOV with Narrow, Linear, Wide, and SuperView modes
- Media Mod option can add more lighting and audio as well as another screen
- Optional Battery Mod multiplies runtime 2.5x
- Optional Display Mod and Light Mod add more capabilities
- Zoom (v 5.0.5 and newer) and Zoom Chrome Extension
- YouTube Live (using Chrome)
- Webex (using Chrome)
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams
- Twitch via OBS
- GoTo Meeting
- Snap Camera
- Facebook Rooms
- Facetime for Desktop
- Control your HERO8 Black hands-free with over 15 voice commands and accents like "GoPro, take a photo" and "GoPro, start recording"
- Natively waterproof down to 33' without a housing
- Slow things down to 8x to relive the moment with slow motion
- The intuitive touchscreen features three main capture modes with streamlined settings
- Frame your photos and videos in Touch Zoom by simply touching the screen (operates in select video modes)
- Face, Smile, and Scene Detection functions
- Auto-transfer to your smartphone with the GoPro app for quick social media updates
- GPS Performance Stickers display your speed, distance, and location
- Create QuikStories with the GoPro and Quick mobile apps
- Advanced noise suppression actively filters out wind, vibration, and handling noise for crisper, clearer audio quality
- Capture JPEG photos for easier storage, or shoot in raw for the highest quality
Use your iOS or Android device to live-preview and play back shots, control your GoPro, and share on the fly
- Live preview makes it easy to frame the perfect shot
- Get full remote control of all camera functions
- Share photos and videos to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and more
GoPro Quik (iOS/Android)
Edit videos with just a few taps
- Analyze your photos and video clips to find great moments
- Add transitions and effects, and sync everything to the beat of the music
- Customize your story with text, filters, music, and more
GoPro Quik | Desktop (Mac/Windows)
Import and edit your videos with just a few clicks
- Transform your footage into edited videos synced to music
- Automatically import your photos and videos and share your best shots
- Comes bundled with GoPro Studio for more advanced editing
Use the Media Mod from GoPro to pump up your HERO8 Black camera with microphone, accessory, and video output options. Audio-wise, the Media Mod features a built-in directional mic for clear audio with reduced wind and ambient noise plus a 3.5mm input port for an external mic. It also incorporates two cold shoes for mounting accessories, a USB Type-C port, and a micro-HDMI output port for monitoring or playing back your video.
The Media Mod's wraparound design maintains access to the HERO8 Black's screens and tripod mount. Designed for use with the separately available Display Mod and Light Mod, the Media Mod is also compatible with select third-party accessories.
Easily frame yourself in action with the Display Mod Front-Facing Camera Screen for HERO8/9/10/11 Black from GoPro. This Mod's 2" flip-up screen is perfect for vlogging, group shots, or other arm's-length positions. This compact unit requires the separately available Media Mod to connect to your HERO8, HERO9, HERO10, or HERO11 Black camera.
The Display Mod folds for storage and features an integrated rechargeable battery and a micro-HDMI port. A USB Type-C cable is included.
- HERO8 Black
- HERO9 Black
- HERO10 Black
- HERO11 Black