Helping to achieve a wider field of view, the Ricoh GR III Street Edition Digital Camera with GW-4 Wide Conversion Lens Kit from B&H bundles the advanced compact camera with the GW-4 Wide Conversion Lens and the GA-1 Lens Adapter for connecting the lens to the camera.
Ricoh GR III Street Edition Digital Camera
The long-awaited installment in the popular series of fast, compact cameras, the Ricoh GR III Street Edition continues the legacy of being a pocketable powerhouse, offering impressive image quality, fast response, and immense portability. Featuring a redeveloped imaging feature-set, the GR III incorporates a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and GR Engine 6 to realize smooth tonality, rich color and high sensitivity from ISO 100-102400, along with the ability to produce high-resolution 14-bit DNG stills or Full HD video. Complementing the sensor design is an updated 28mm-equivalent prime lens, which features a bright f/2.8 design, to suit everyday shooting with a comfortably wide field of view. Additionally, a first for GR, a 3-axis Shake Reduction System compensates for the effects of camera shake to help render sharper handheld shots when working with slower shutter speeds.
Physically, the GR III looks familiarly compact, but incorporates a redesigned control scheme to promote a larger, more comfortable grip while maintaining easy access to physical controls. A 3.0" 1.037m-dot LCD is used for image composition, playback, and menu navigation, and its touchscreen design offers intuitive control along with Touch AF capabilities. Additionally, built-in Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi can be used to pair with a mobile device for quick, wireless transferring of files to your smartphone or tablet.
- Camera body has a unique "asphalt-like" surface texture, which is achieved by a multi-layer spray process that provides a smooth-but-non-slippery feel.
- A striking yellow-orange has been chosen as the accent color to on the camera's ring cap. This specific yellow was chosen as it is reminiscent of traffic lines painted on streets.
- Distinct shutdown screen features a specially designed product logo and a street-view image that symbolizes the camera's "street snapshot" concept.
- In addition to the cosmetic differences, the GR III Street Edition also includes the Full Press Snap feature, which lets you instantly shift the focus point of the lens to a preselected position when the shutter release button is fully pressed. This function can also be assigned to the rear LCD, where you simply tap the touchscreen to quickly change focus, and ignore the standard AF process, to help intuitively capture fleeting moments.
- Two DB-110 batteries are included for longer shooting sessions.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and GR Engine 6
In addition to stills shooting, the GR III is also capable of recording Full HD 1080 video at 60p, 30p, and 24p frame rates.
Prime Wide-Angle Lens
Shake Reduction System
- The hallmark feature of the GR-series has been its compact, pocketable size while still retaining a large image sensor and bright prime lens.
- Integrated 3.0" 1.037m-dot LCD features a capacitive touchscreen design for intuitive, familiar operation during shooting, playback, and menu navigation.
- The rear layout of the camera has been completely redesigned and prioritizes a larger, more comfortable thumb grip along with easily accessible physical dials. Additionally, the ADJ lever, FN button, and Touch AF operations can be programmed to handle specific assignable functions for more personalized control.
- Start-up time has been reduced to 0.8 sec and Hybrid AF performance has been quickened for more seamless operation.
- Integrated Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi afford wireless connectivity between the camera and a paired mobile device and allows you to embed location info within your files as well as transfer files to your mobile device, even when the camera is turned off.
- Included DB-110 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 200 shots per charge.
- USB Type-C port allows you to transfer files or recharge the battery in-camera.
Ricoh GW-4 Wide Conversion Lens
Dedicated to the Ricoh GR III digital camera, the GW-4 Wide Conversion Lens is a 0.75x-magnification lens, which provides a wider, 21mm equivalent focal length. Use of this adapter requires the additional GA-1 Lens Adapter for attaching to the camera and, additionally, a petal-shaped lens hood is included to reduce flare and ghosting.
Ricoh GA-1 Lens Adapter
Dedicated to the Ricoh GR III digital camera, the GA-1 Lens Adapter is required for attaching the GW-4 Wide Conversion Lens to the camera's built-in lens.