The KKX VK1 is a compact wireless microphone system with one microphone, great for capturing videos on Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok or for live-streaming, vlogging, meetings, and online courses. It offers a complete, versatile, and simple-to-use solution for recording conversations and speech directly to a mirrorless/DSLR camera, an iOS/Android smartphone/tablet with a headphone jack, or a Mac/Windows computer.
The VK1 consists of a small, lightweight clip-on transmitter with its own built-in microphone along with a separate lavalier mic that can be used if you prefer a more discreet mic setup. The system also includes a small clip-on receiver that mounts on your camera or mobile device and plugs into its 3.5mm input jack. Both a 3.5mm TRS cable for camera and computer use and a 3.5mm TRRS cable for smartphone use are included.
The system delivers reliable transmission with clear sound at a line-of-sight distance up to 164' (98' with limited obstacles). The receiver features a 3.5mm headphone jack, enabling you to monitor your audio in real time. The built-in rechargeable batteries provide up to 6 hours of operation and recharge in 1.5 hours via USB Type-C ports. A furry windshield is included to protect against wind noise when shooting outdoors. A storage bag is included to keep your system secure and tidy.
- The receiver features a belt clip to attach it to your phone. The clip also doubles as a shoe mount adapter for your camera.
- The compact transmitter is equipped with both a built-in microphone and a 3.5mm input that accepts its included lavalier microphone.
- The transmitter can be clipped to your collar, tie, or pocket without having to wire yourself or your talent, providing a fast, truly wireless setup. You can also hold the transmitter in your hand and use it as a handheld microphone.
- Simply press the pairing buttons and the system components pair automatically.
- Dedicated gain button on the receiver allows you to set the level of the microphone.
- The receiver and the transmitter have an LED that indicates power, battery life, and pairing status.
- The transmitter and the receiver are powered for up to 6 hours via a built-in rechargeable battery.
- The battery recharges in 2 hours; a charging cable is included.
- If your camera doesn’t have a headphone jack, you can monitor your sound via the receiver’s 3.5mm headphone output while recording to ensure that you are capturing a clean signal.
- To avoid interference from TV and radio waves, the KKX VK1 digital system operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency band—far away from television, radio, and UHF wireless microphone transmissions.
- The system automatically changes transmission frequency to mitigate noise and dropouts at a line-of-sight distance of up to 164 feet or up to 98 feet when some obstacles are present.
- For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi/2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.