The Kurzweil PC4 SE 88-Key Performance Controller and Studio Workstation Synthesizer combines high-quality instrument sounds with a host of hands-on, real-time performance controls to deliver a great playing experience for professional performing artists, songwriters, and recording musicians working at home, performing live onstage or in clubs and theaters, or creating in the studio.
The PC4 SE features 88 fully weighted hammer action keys that deliver an authentic piano-like feel. Utilizing FlashPlay technology and 2GB of instrument samples, it offers over 1500 hand-selected factory presets organized into 10 categories. Sounds include optimized German D and Japanese C7 grand pianos, triple-strike piano, 73 electric pianos, clavinets, harpsichords, organs, celeste, bowed and hit crotales, vector synthesis waveforms, and more.
The PC4 SE allows you to construct sonic combinations via the Multi Mode setup, offering 5 zones of MIDI controller capabilities. It is equipped with a 16-track sequencer, five riff generators, and five arpeggiators. Other features include front-panel master transport controls, an FX engine, string resonance technology, a 6-operator FM engine, 23 programmable physical controllers, a widescreen color display, and easy-access transpose controls.
- 256-voice polyphony using the Kurzweil V.A.S.T. (Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology) engine.
- Over 1500 hand-selected factory presets organized into 10 categories including E. Piano, Clav, Organ, Strings/Pad, Brass/Wind, Synth, Guitar/Bass, Drum/Perc, Misc.
- Optimized 9' German D, vintage 7' Japanese C7 concert grand piano with KSR (Kurzweil String Resonance), and Triple Strike Piano.
- 73 Electric Piano, Clavinets, Harpsichords, Celeste, Bowed and Hit Crotales, and Vector Synthesis Waveforms.
- Wide selection of rock, synth, and orchestral sounds from the K2700, PC4 and PC3 Series, as well as the KORE 64 expansion.
- Proprietary FlashPlay technology provides the PC4 SE with lots of horsepower. It features 2GB of sample content with zero loading time and ultrafast performance.
- The 6-operator FM Engine is equipped with the ability to load original FM SysEx files.
- Add sonic animation to sounds via 5 simultaneous MIDI CC step sequencers for modulation sequencing.
- Modeled after classic organs, KB3 mode offers control over 9 drawbars, rotary speed, chorus/vibrato, brake, percussion, and more.
- Over 1000 complex effect chains featuring award-winning reverbs, delays, choruses, flangers, phasers, distortions, rotary speakers, compressors, and more. The PC4 SE also offers a global Master FX section featuring a 3-band EQ and compression.
- Piano string resonance modeling for enhanced acoustic piano performance.
- The PC4 SE features a Real Piano Hammer Action (RPHA), 88-key, fully weighted hammer-action with velocity-sensitive adjustable keys.
- Construct massive sonic combinations via Kurzweil's renowned Multi Controller mode offering 5 zones of unparalleled MIDI controller capabilities.
- Dedicated Split and Layer buttons provide on-the-fly split and layer combinations.
- Record, edit, mix. or produce your own tracks, all in the box, with the PC4 SE 16-track internal sequencer. Import MIDI (.mid) files as well as Kurzweil PC3 / PC4 / Forte-family songs.
- Trigger and manipulate up to 5 simultaneous MIDI sequences on the fly. Select from an internal library of patterns or record/import your own.
- Activate up to 5 independent Arps (1 per Program, 5 per Multi) and discover the Step Sequencer environment—with dedicated On/Off and Tap Tempo buttons.
- Use the buttons in the transport section to control recording and playback for the onboard 16-track sequencer.
- 5 sliders, 5 knobs, 6 buttons, 2 wheels, 2 switch-pedal dual inputs (which support half-damper for pianos), and 1 continuous control pedal input. A sustain/switch pedal is included (half-damper pedal is available separately).
- Dedicated -/+ transpose controls conveniently located right above the LED backlit pitch/modulation wheels.
- Navigate the PC4 SE with a 4.3", 480x272 widescreen color LCD display (with adjustable brightness).
- Easy category and Program/Multi selection featuring customizable category defaults.
- Easily store and recall your most needed 250 Programs/Multis via 5 dedicated Favorites buttons, organized into 50 banks. Each entry conveniently displays the Favorite's name and type (Program or Multi).
- Full-time on-screen help tips are displayed at the bottom of every page showing you how to use the currently selected page or parameter.