The 90mm f/2.8 Apo-Skopar from Voigtlander is a manual focus medium telephoto lens optimized for full-frame M-mount image sensors. The newly designed optical system uses Abnormal Partial Dispersion glass for five out of seven elements in seven groups to make images rich, three dimensional in character, and extremely sharp. It has an apochromatic design that makes axial chromatic aberration as close to zero as possible. The manual focus lens is designed for use with rangefinder-linked digital and film cameras and has a precision helicoid for smooth precise focusing action. The shortest shooting distance linked to the rangefinder is 3' (depending on the camera used).
The 10 diaphragm blades help provide a creamy bokeh suitable for portraiture. In addition, the aperture adopts a special circular shape not only at the fully-open f/2.8, but also at f/4 and f/22. This circular shape can create the cinematic flares known as "ball blur" by pointing toward a point light source.
This compact and lightweight lens does not protrude into the viewfinder frame when used on a rangefinder camera.
- Apochromatic design that eliminates chromatic aberration
- Optical design optimized for digital image sensors
- Highly rigid and durable full-metal lens barrel
- Manual focus for reliable focus operation
- 10 apertures that become circular at open, f/4, and f/22
- Bayonet type VM mount
- High-precision rangefinder interlocking mechanism
- Full-size image circle
- Included lens hood can be reverse mounted for easy storage.