The Sony E-mount 50mm T2.9 Anamorphic 1.6x Lens, from Sirui, is designed for filling a theater screen with rich detail, cinematic bokeh, and artistic lens flairs. One of the signature features of this lens is that it produces horizontal blue streaks when pointed at a light source, giving your footage a dreamy or science fiction aesthetic. On full-frame cameras, this lens increases the horizontal angle of view by 60%, equivalent to a wider 31mm spherical lens, and it enables the camera to see well to the left and right of your subject. An image captured in 16:9 is de-squeezed to an anamorphic 2.8:1 aspect ratio, whereas shooting in 3:2 yields a 2.4:1 final image.
A key aspect of anamorphic lenses is oval bokeh, which can gently distort objects and lights in the distance, providing an abstract background for your actors. Its T2.9 aperture produces a shallow depth of field, blurring everything in front or behind the specifically chosen focal plane. It features female 1/4"-20 threading for mounting versatility, and its focus and aperture rings are geared for use with a follow focus system.
- Robust lens with advanced optics for full frame cameras
- Anamorphic design provides a 60% horizontal field of view increase over standard 50mm spherical lenses
- Anamorphic 2.8:1 de-squeezed format from a 16:9 capture setting
- German Schott optical glass
- Super spectra coating
- Horizontal blue streak effects
- Ten aperture blades produce oval bokeh
- 2.5' minimum focusing distance
- 16 elements in 13 groups
- M82 x 0.75 filter thread
- Durable aluminum alloy lens housing