A versatile bundle, the Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR Camera with 50mm Lens and Battery Grip Kit from B&H pairs the full-frame camera body with a standard length prime lens and a battery grip for longer shooting times and more comfortable handling.
Distinguished by enhanced processing and improved imaging capabilities, the K-1 Mark II from Pentax is the follow-up to their first full-frame flagship DSLR. Revolving around a 36.4MP CMOS sensor and PRIME IV image processor, the camera is capable of producing high-resolution stills at up to 4.4 fps along with recording Full HD video. The 14-bit image processor has been updated with a Ricoh-developed Accelerator Unit, which helps to reduce noise and increase clarity and color accuracy, as well as boost the sensitivity range up to ISO 819200 for working in low-light conditions. Also contributing to improved image quality is the 5-axis Shake Reduction system, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. This image stabilization system also enables Pixel Shift Resolution II, which leverages the movement of the sensor to record four sequential frames and merge them together in order to acquire greater color detail and resolution. Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution also benefits from this technology, however lets you achieve similar results even when working handheld.
In addition to its distinct imaging assets, the K-1 Mark II is also characterized by its unique physical design. A stainless steel and magnesium-alloy body is especially robust and extensive weather-sealing makes this camera suitable for use in harsh climates and cold weather. The large pentaprism optical viewfinder affords 100% frame coverage and a high 0.7x magnification, and the rear 3.2" 1.04m-dot LCD sports a unique Cross-Tilt design for easy positioning to work at a variety of angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi is available for wireless remote control and image transfer and built-in GPS permits geotagging your imagery for tracking your shots on an interactive map.
Pentax takes advantage of the sensor's available movement in order to develop additional features, such as the updated Pixel Shift Resolution II setting. This mode shifts the sensor in order to capture full color data on each pixel by compositing four shots. This grants exceptional clarity, lowers noise, and boosts the effective resolution to 42MP. Additionally, the K-1 Mark II also has Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution, which allows this function to be used even when shooting handheld.
Another capability is an Image Composition Assist function, which allows you to shift the sensor up/down and left/right as well as slightly rotate it. This lets users easily adjust their composition without needing to move their camera and can be useful for delicately balanced tripod work.
The K-1 Mark II is equipped with two SDXC card slots. These can be configured for backup, splitting storage of JPEGs and raw files, or overflow when card 1 is filled. Also on the body users will find a variety of dials and buttons that will allow for quick and intuitive adjustment of settings. Along with this there are LED-illuminated body points on the lens mount, card slots, the backside of the LCD, and at the cable switch terminal that will help you operate the camera in low light.
One unique feature of the K-1 Mark II's design is the use of a 3.2" 1.04m-dot Cross-Tilt LCD. This ensures the screen remains aligned with the optical center of the camera while allowing for tilt 44° down and 90° upward as well as 35° left and right. The camera also has settings for quickly adjusting the brightness of the display to account for a variety of shooting environments.
- Real-time Scene Analysis system has been upgraded to look at exposure, color, faces, movement, and more in order to automatically select the proper exposure settings for optimal image capture.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows users to directly connect to the camera using a mobile device for image transfer and remote camera control.
- Record images in DNG raw, Pentax raw, or JPEG with selectable quality and resolutions.
- APS-C crop mode will allow full compatibility with existing APS-C format lenses.
- Aperture and shutter speed priority mode (TAv) allows you to manually select aperture and shutter speed while leaving ISO selection to the camera.
- Optional adapter enables users to mount 645 series medium-format lenses to the K-1.
- Diffraction Correction function will account for diffraction at small apertures and improve image sharpness.
- Focus peaking in video mode will assist with manual focusing.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese.
The FA 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW Lens from Pentax, part of the company's Star Series of lenses, is a standard length prime lens with a bright maximum aperture that enables accurate low-light shooting as well as providing a wide range of depth of field control. While designed for full-frame Pentax K-mount cameras, the lens can be used on APS-C format cameras where it provides a 76.5mm focal length.
Aero Bright Coating II and HD Coating on the 15 lens elements reduces flare and ghosting even when shooting in harsh lighting, and a front element SP Coating repels water and fingerprints from affecting the front of your lens. Autofocus is powered by Pentax's Ultrasonic Motor SDM, providing fast and accurate focus while shooting. Additionally, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm produces smooth bokeh for portraits or other types of shots. This lens is also weather sealed, ensuring consistent performance during adverse outdoor shooting conditions.
- Ultrasonic Motor SDM enables smooth and speedy autofocus
- Aero Bright Coating combined with HD Coating on lens elements reduces ghosting and flare in extreme lighting situations
- SP Coating on the front lens element repels water and grease
- Weather-resistant design enables consistent performance during adverse outdoor conditions
- Rounded, 9-blade diaphragm creates smooth and creamy bokeh
Double your battery life and increase comfort during vertical shooting by adding the Pentax D-BG6 Battery Grip to your K-1 DSLR. It holds one D-LI90P battery pack or 6 AA batteries in addition to the one already in the camera, ensuring longer shooting times without changing batteries. Also, it extends the grip for greater comfort and includes a variety of switches, buttons, and dials to allow for full operation while shooting in the vertical orientation. The grip is fully weather-sealed as well, with 47 different seals throughout to protect from water and dust.