The Samyang AF 50mm f/1.4 EF II is a fast and compact normal prime lens for Sony E-mount cameras. It present several features that punch well above its class while still maintaining a small and lightweight profile.
The bright f/1.4 maximum aperture pairs with a nine-blade diaphragm to benefit selective focus and shallow depth of field imaging with smooth bokeh, making it an ideal lens for portraiture. An Ultra Multi Coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce flare and ghosting for higher contrast and color fidelity. The optical design incorporates three High Refractive, one Extra Low Dispersion, and two Aspherical elements.
To compliment the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a customizable focus ring that can be changed to perform other functions through convenient switch located on the barrel. A Linear STM autofocus motor is used to produce quick, smooth, and quiet performance with full-time manual focus override, and a non-rotating filter, along with features like Internal AF and reduced focus breathing make it an optimal lens for video.
- Prime normal-length lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras' focusing systems for quick, accurate, and precise AF control. Manual focus override is also available for refining your focus position
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.