Written in collaboration with electronic music icons, established and emerging artists, and Moog employee-owners, the Moog Music Patch & Tweak with Moog Book by Kim Bjorn features 200 pages full of synthesizer techniques, sound design tips, creative patch ideas, professional artist interviews, in-depth discussions with Moog engineers, stories behind vintage Moog instruments, a glimpse into the history of Moog Music, and much more.
The book focuses extensively on all five Moog semimodular analog synthesizers including Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, and Matriarch. Unique in sonic character and functionality, these modern electronic instruments are inspired by the original analog circuity of the very first modular synthesizers developed by Bob Moog in the 1960s. Whether you are new to modular synthesis or looking for creative perspectives to expand your process, Patch & Tweak with Moog provides an empowering experience for artists exploring sound and synthesis.
- Introduction to modular synthesis concepts
- Specific overviews, tips, and techniques for each Moog semimodular instrument
- Expanded options for more advanced modular users
- Ideas for integration with external gear and Eurorack modules
- Interviews, patches, and tips from artists and composers
- Insider interviews with Moog engineers
- The history of Bob Moog, Moog Music, and the many Moog synthesizers