Designed for mobile journalists, videographers, and vloggers, the black Comica BoomX-D PRO D2 is an ultracompact, true wireless digital microphone system with two microphones and just one receiver. It offers a complete solution for recording dialogue, interviews, and speech with two people talking simultaneously—directly to a mirrorless/DSLR camera, mobile device, or computer with backup audio recording available on each transmitter.
The ultralightweight BoomX-D PRO D2 consists of two ultracompact clip-on transmitters, each with its own built-in omnidirectional microphone, allowing you to quickly attach them to subjects for fast, run-and-gun-style shoots. For a more discreet look, you can plug the two included lavalier microphones with windshields into the transmitters' 3.5mm input jacks. Each transmitter also sports 8GB of internal memory, allowing you to record up to 24 hours of uncompressed audio as a backup, in case interference or dropouts occur in the wireless transmission.
The system also comes with a tiny two-channel receiver that features both a USB connection for use with smartphones, tablets, and computers and a 3.5mm output connection for camera use. Camera mounting is made easy by the receiver's clip, which easily attaches to your camera shoe. The BoomX-D PRO D2 delivers reliable transmission with a clear sound at a distance up to 328'. Built-in rechargeable batteries provide up to 4.5 hours of operation on the transmitters and 6 hours on the receiver.
The BoomX-D PRO D2 is well suited for content creators of any experience level. The components are paired at the factory, so you can start working immediately, while easy-to-read screens make any necessary adjustments quick and intuitive. A wide variety of helpful accessories are provided, including a 3-in-1 charging/data cable, a 3.5mm TRRS cable for use with smartphones, two 3.5mm TRS cables for use with cameras, and a carrying case.
Two Microphones into One Receiver
- The two-channel receiver allows you to save space on your shooting rig by using a single receiver to simultaneously receive signals from the two mic/transmitters.
- The receiver features a belt clip, which also doubles as a shoe mount adapter for your camera.
- In the absence of a smartphone holder, the receiver can also be clamped to your smartphone using the belt clip.
- With both a USB output and a 3.5mm output, the receiver is ready to connect to mobile devices, computers, and cameras.
Two Transmitters with Built-In Mics and Backup Recording
- Each transmitter is equipped with a built-in microphone and a 3.5mm mic input that accepts the included lavalier microphone.
- For a truly wireless experience, the transmitter can be clipped on clothing without having to wire yourself or your talent. You can also hold the transmitter in your hand and use it as a handheld microphone.
- Each transmitter features 8GB of internal memory, allowing you to record up to 24 hours of audio at a 16-bit / 48 kHz sampling rate.
- Recording is activated by a single, easy-to-see button on the transmitter.
- A backup recording can be made at a 6 dB lower volume in case the main recording is too loud in places.
- The On/Off switch doubles as a mute button.
Lavalier Mics Included
- For a more discreet setup, use the two small lavalier microphones, which can be easily concealed away from the camera's eye.
- Wind muffs are supplied with each lav to reduce wind noise when shooting outdoors.
Plug-and-Play and Easy-to-Operate Wireless
- This plug-and-play system is easy to use. It comes pre-paired at the factory; connect it to your camera, turn it On, and you're ready to start recording.
- Dedicated gain buttons on the receiver allow quick and effortless adjustment of the signal level for each microphone independently.
- The receiver and the transmitters have a display that shows signal strength, audio level, mono/stereo configuration, and battery life.
- You have the option to switch between mono or stereo on the receiver: Recording in mono combines both microphones on both the left and right side of your audio track. Recording in stereo puts one person on the left and the other person on the right, allowing you to isolate each person's dialog and adjust each level individually later in post.
- The transmitters and the receiver are powered via a built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery. They can also be powered via USB, even while in use, giving you near unlimited operating time.
Monitor in Real Time
- If your camera doesn’t have a headphone jack, you can monitor your sound via the receiver’s 3.5mm headphone output while recording to ensure that you are capturing a clean signal.
Easy 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Whereas typical analog wireless systems are susceptible to interference from TV and radio waves, the BoomX-D PRO digital system avoids that by operating in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems.
- The system automatic changes transmission frequency to mitigate noise and dropouts at a line-of-sight distance of up to 328 feet. For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi/2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.
- The system operates with less than 20ms of latency for better sound and video sync.
Cables and Carry Case Included
- 3.5mm TRS to TRRS audio cable for smartphone
- 3.5mm TRS to TRS audio cable for use with Canon, Nikon, and similar cameras
- 3.5mm TRS to TRS audio cable with impedance for use with Sony, Panasonic, Fujifilm, and similar cameras
- 3-in-1 charging/output cable—the orange cable can be used for charging and data transmitting, the black cable can only be used for charging
- Hard carry case for travel and storage