Capture brilliant images of the aquatic world with your Sony a6600 mirrorless camera in Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing Mount, which has a depth rating of 200'. An Ikelite CS5 bulkhead enables reliable electrical triggering of optional external strobes via sync cords. The use of an optional TTL converter will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic, mechanical push buttons, dials, and levers afford access to all important camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS plastic and polycarbonate blend. It is white on the front, top, sides, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick release grip affords improved balance and handling while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
This housing ships without a required lens port and accepts various interchangeable dome and flat ports for an array of lenses. For complete compatibility information, see the port chart. The Dry Lock (DL) port system accommodates lenses with large diameters, and it provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive. You'll need to pick up the required pump to remove excess air and create a vacuum.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Housing is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS plastic and polycarbonate blend
- White on the front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep the camera cool when shooting on or above the water's surface
- Clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls
- Double-passivated stainless steel latches are virtually unbreakable
Housing alone has slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water, though your choice of lens and port may change the overall buoyancy of the system
- Rear seal design makes maintenance easier and prevents accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring
- Front-loading mounting plate enables quick camera installation and does not need to be removed for you to gain access to the battery or memory card
- The mounting plate has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for connection to an optional tripod
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of strobes via sync cords
- Optional DL2 DS Link Sony TTL Converter Ikelite ST1 Hot Shoe Kit (#46042) will enable TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- Non-Ikelite strobes, such as those from Sea & Sea, INON, and Retra, will still work in manual mode only
- Older non-digital strobes can be used in manual mode
- Housing ships without a required sync cord for a strobe
- Bulkhead is located on top of the enclosure to keep the cord out of your way and reduce strain on the ends
- Ikelite's Optical Slave Converter (#4405) and Aquatica's Water Wizard system are available options that will let you trigger wireless slave strobes
- Exposure compensation is available via the camera's controls
Controls and Handling
- Sensitive shutter and AF-On levers are curved and extendable to increase comfort when using the optional right-hand grip
- Soft-touch knobs allow for a comfortable grip with or without gloves
- Ergonomic, mechanical push buttons, knobs, and levers afford access to all camera controls except for diopter adjustment, focus mode dial (a1), joystick up/down/left/right (joystick can be depressed), and the control wheel (control wheel functions may be accessed using the front and rear dials)
- The Super-Eye Viewfinder enhances your view through the camera's OVF when you're wearing a mask
- You can remove the Super-Eye quickly if you'd like to attach the optional Straight (#6890.2) or 45° (#6891.1) Magnified Viewfinder instead
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts various interchangeable dome and flat ports for lenses
- For complete compatibility information, see the port chart linked above
- Dry Lock (DL) port system accommodates lenses with large diameters
- The system also provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive
- Removing excess air and creating a vacuum will require the purchase of a pump