A versatile pairing offered here in silver, this Leica TL2 Mirrorless Camera with 18-56mm Lens Kit bundles the sleek mirrorless body with the Vario-Elmar-T 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH lens.
Further evolving their mirrorless lineup, the Leica TL2 is another well-designed camera that offers both an outstanding feature set combined with intuitive controls. Made from a solid block of aluminum, the TL2 is assembled and polished by hand in Germany, which ensures outstanding durability and operation. This model also offers incredible speed and performance, including a new electronic shutter function that provides shooting speeds of up to 20 fps, a speedier touchscreen interface, and faster autofocusing. Toss in UHD 4K video recording and the TL2 becomes a top performer in this ever-growing field.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor & Leica Maestro II Processor
At the heart of every camera system has to be an exceptional sensor, and the TL2 is fortunate to have an outstanding 24.2MP APS-C CMOS at its core. This sensor, which is paired with Leica's Maestro II processor, provides outstanding resolution and clarity as well as native sensitivities ranging from ISO 100-50000. Combine this with the TL2's minimalist, yet functional design and you have a sleek and intuitive setup for capturing stunning images. Furthermore, this sensor has an electronic shutter option that unlocks high speed 20 fps shooting and faster shutter speeds.
Leica L-Bayonet Mount
Leica's mirrorless L-bayonet mount offers users the ability to connect both full-frame SL-series and APS-C TL-series glass, which benefits from electronic communication for blazing fast autofocus, electronic aperture control, and optical image stabilization. Additionally, as with most mirrorless today, the L mount can accept a variety of adapters, such as the M-Adapter L which provides shooters with access to the entire M-mount lens library. Leica will have adapters for the S, R, and Cine series as well, ensuring compatibility with a range of Leica's best lenses.
49-Point AF System and 20-fps Shooting
Ensuring you are capturing tack-sharp photos at all times is an upgraded contrast-detect AF system, this time with 49 points available. The entire operation has been sped up for faster and more accurate autofocusing, including in AF-C mode, with performance with a wide-angle lens being measured at just 165 ms and telephoto lenses not far behind at just 190 ms. Users can also access a 20-fps shooting speed by switching the camera over to a silent electronic shutter, which also boasts a maximum shutter speed of 1/40,000 second. The mechanical shutter is quite capable as well with 7-fps shooting and a max shutter speed of 1/4000 second.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Massive upgrades have been included in the TL2 when it comes to video recording, most notably with the addition of UHD 4K at 30 fps. This ultra-high resolution video mode allows you to capture sharp video that will work wonderfully with existing and future displays. Also, alongside UHD 4K is boosted Full HD with a max frame rate of 60 fps and HD, which can do slow motion at 120 fps. Focus peaking is available as well to help ensure your videos are in focus and there is a micro-HDMI port for output to an external display or monitor.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
Integrated IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly connect iOS and Android devices to the TL for sharing photos and movies to smartphones or tablets for posting online. The free Leica TL-App facilitates sharing imagery between the camera and device, and the app also enables a remote function for wirelessly adjusting the camera's shutter speed, aperture, and for releasing the shutter. The app can also be used as a remote electronic viewfinder to benefit composing self-portraits or group shots, or when working from difficult shooting angles.
- Minimal, unibody design is built from a single, solid piece of aluminum alloy that has been assembled and polished by hand in Germany. The TL2 also features newly curving chamfered edges for an even sleeker design.
- The seamless aesthetic of the camera body is maintained through the inclusion of just four physical controls along with a large rear touchscreen LCD.
- The 3.7" LCD monitor has a high resolution of 1.3-million dots for clear and vivid playback and image composition, and the now eight times faster touchscreen interface affords intuitive menu navigation and settings control for easy operation.
- MyCamera menu lets you customize the display by long-touching and dragging specific camera settings into place to suit your own shooting needs.
- Start-up time has been improved to 600 ms.
- Internal 32GB of memory lets you shoot without an SD card if desired, however, a fast UHS-II SD memory card slot is also featured for longer shooting sessions.
- Leica L lens mount is directly compatible with TL and SL-series lenses, including those with OIS, and Leica M- and R-mount lenses via optional lens mount adapters.
- Top hot shoe can be used in conjunction with an optional external flash or can also be used with the optional Visoflex external electronic viewfinder for eye-level monitoring.
- An FN button can be programmed to perform select functions.
- The TL2 now offers a DNG only shooting mode.
- A USB Type-C port with USB 3.0 functionality is available for exceptionally fast data transfer as well as USB charging.
- Included BP-DC13 lithium-ion battery offers approximately 250 shots per charge.