Equally capable for handheld and camera-/boompole-mounted use in film/TV production, location recording, and live broadcasting, this B&H Kit features the Rycote HC-15 Short Shotgun Microphone with a travel case, a vibration-inhibiting shockmount, a pistol grip, and a furry windshield to control wind noise. The mic's precise, yet warm sound and sharp directionality combine with the sonic benefits of the accessories to yield a portable and pro-level mic solution for sound recordists.
The Rycote HC-15 is a short shotgun microphone with a 3.7" interference tube that leverages the company's audio expertise to provide a high-performing, all-purpose solution for location recording, TV/film production, and broadcast work. The electret condenser capsule features sophisticated RF shielding to reduce noise and interference, while its hypercardioid polar pattern reliably attenuates off-axis sound to provide crisp, precise speech and dialog that rivals substantially more expensive models.
The HC-15 can handle sound sources at volumes up to 133 dB SPL when operating on full 48V phantom power. The mic can also run on 24V, but with lowered SPL handling capabilities. The mic offers an extremely low self noise of 8.5 dB and a wide frequency response of 50 Hz to 20 kHz. A travel case is included, while a wide variety of Rycote windshields and mounting accessories are available separately.
- Individually fine-tuned back-electret microphone capsule for professional, broadcast-quality sound with a hint of warmth
- Hypercardioid polar pattern picks up less unwanted background sound
- Compact design
- Sophisticated RF shielding
- Low power consumption
- Active in-line filtering
- Fine-tuned mechanical RF shielding
- Thoroughly tested against digital wireless systems and walkie talkies
- Gold-plated Neutrik XLR connector
- Preamp made from non-corrosive machined brass with low impedance to ensure best possible and longest lasting RF shielding
- Capsule and interference tube made from lightweight machined aluminum
- Weight balanced to help keep center of gravity further back for improved handling when using Rycote Lyre shockmounts and slip-on wind protection
- 3.9" Classic Softie
- 3.9" Short Fur Softie
- 3.9" SGM Foam
- 3.9" Super Softie
- NS2-CA Nano Shield Kit
- Small Cyclone Windshield
- Modular Windshield Kit 2
The InVision On-Camera Shockmount from Rycote is designed to affix compatible microphones directly to a camera's shoe mount. What are the compatible microphones? Any mic measuring up to 11.8" in length and between 0.7 to 1" in diameter.
This shockmount uses patented Lyre technology to securely hold mics in the inner-molded clip, and to suspend the microphone, thus protecting it from shock and handling noise. The mount is specifically sized to keep the microphone out of your shot. It also gives you the option to attach your microphone to boompoles with a 3/8"-16 mount.
- Duo-Lyre soft-grip inner surface
- Patented Lyre shockmount
- 180&Deg; swivel for aiming your mic
- Integrated cable clamp for reducing cable-borne noises
- Aluminum cold shoe fitting for cameras
- 3/8"-16 female thread for boompoles
- Keeps mic out of your shot
Rycote Classic Softies provide optimum wind diffusion and noise rejection while remaining cost effective. This softie features a standard size hole and measures 3.9" long. The softie will fit microphones with diameters from 0.7 to 0.8" / 19 to 22mm.
The Auray Universal Microphone Pistol Grip is a handheld grip that features an ergonomic cushioned handle. This grip is great in "run & gun" situations in which a boom pole would be cumbersome, and in video scenarios in which the cameraman is also responsible for audio recording. The grip can be held with one hand, as opposed to a boom pole which requires two. It also provides the option of being able to record audio from a different direction than the camera is pointing, an advantage over camera mounting the mic. Furthermore, having the mic mounted off the camera prevents it from picking up motor noise from the lens focusing.
In addition, the grip features standard 3/8" threads on both ends. This allows you to attach your shotgun mic (with shockmount) to one end of the grip and mount the other end to a boom pole. This gives you the flexibility of being able to quickly detach the pistol grip and the attached shotgun mic from the boom, an option that can come in handy for entering areas that are too small for a boom pole.