Truly compact and lightweight for its class, the Optimo Ultra Compact 21-56mm Zoom Lens from Angenieux provides optimal imaging for full-frame, VV sensor cameras. This successor to the original Optimo lightweight zooms offers the same classic Angenieux look with balanced contrast and resolution found with its 37-102mm Optimo Ultra Compact companion lens, the Optimo Ultra 12x zoom, and the Optimo primes.
This PL-mount, 2.7x zoom lens features a constant T2.9 maximum aperture, low distortion, and a minimum focus of 2' that enables extreme closeups. The lens has a Cooke /i data connector, user-switchable focus marks in feet/meters, and the ability to withstand temperatures ranging from -4 to 113°F. The Ultra Compact 21-56mm produces minimal breathing when racking focus and has a wide barrel rotation of 310° for precise focus pulls.
- Optimal image quality with the classic Angenieux look
- Completely redesigned successor to the classic Optimo lightweight zooms
- Uniform color, contrast, and resolution with low distortion
- Uses the Angenieux rod system to produce precise yet rugged travel of the zoom and focus element groups
- Focus barrel rotation of 310° for precision focus pulls
- Uses passive athermalization to withstand temperatures of -4 to 113°F
- Protective glass front is available separately for use in challenging conditions
- Relays Cooke /i lens metadata
- Connects to an external drive or a display unit