- Native sensitivity range from ISO 200-102400, expandable down to ISO 80.
- Continuous shooting up to 10 fps with full-time AF/AE and a buffer of 169 raw frames when working with a mechanical shutter.
- If working with a silent electronic shutter, 20 fps shooting is possible with full-time AF/AE and a buffer of 108 raw frames. SH1 and SH2 are blackout-free high-speed shooting modes, offering rates up to 120 fps without AF/AE in SH1 and 50 fps with AF/AE in SH2.
- Pro Capture mode begins recording before you release the shutter; able to record at 120 fps with fixed focus or 50 fps with continuous AF, this mode begins recording once the shutter button is half-pressed and then stops once the button has been fully pressed. Up to 70 additional frames can be recorded with this mode, serving as a safeguard for times when the action occurs just before you press the shutter button.
Benefitting from the Cross Quad Pixel AF structure, color and contrast information from the sensor can also be used to create a detailed depth map of the image for more refined subject detection and tracking accuracy. Using AI, this focusing system can automatically detect a range of subject types, like cars, motorcycles, airplanes, helicopters, trains, birds, dogs, cats, and humans, as well as faces and eyes. And, compared to earlier iterations of this focusing system, improved processing now makes focusing performance 2x more accurate and 3x faster.
Handheld Assist relies on this stabilization technology for more stable framing, which is especially helpful when working with longer focal length lenses. Additional, in-body image stabilization also contributes to a variety of additional shooting modes and camera functions, including High Res Shot modes, Handheld Live Composite, and an advanced dust reduction system.
- High Res Shot—Benefitted by the stacked sensor design, processing power, and image stabilization system, this mode composites a series of 12 shots into a single higher resolution frame in just 5 seconds. Tripod High Res Shots mode produces an 80MP raw file and Handheld High Res Shot mode produces a 50MP raw file, and both modes offer up to 2 stops of reduced noise and improved color information.
- Live ND—Now supporting up to ND64 (6-stop), this unique function digitally simulates the effects of an optical neutral density filter for produce long exposure/slow shutter speed effects.
- Live Composite—Perfect for long exposures, nighttime shooting, and light painting applications, this unique mode gradually builds up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows live view monitoring as an image develops. A Handheld Live Composite mode is available, too.
- Focus Stacking—This mode automatically records 15 sequential frames while shifting the plane of focus slightly between each frame, then composites these exposures into a single image that exhibits an extended depth of field.
- DCI/UHD 4K video recording is supported at up to 60p and 10-bit 4:2:0 sampling. Full HD recording is possible at high-speed rates up to 240 fps for slow-motion playback.
- 12-bit raw output is supported via the micro-HDMI port when working with an optional compatible external recorder, such as the Atomos Ninja V or Ninja V+.
- HLG picture mode permits in-camera HDR recording and an OM-Log gamma allows for greater color grading range when adjusting the footage in post-production.
- In-camera time-lapse production is possible, up to UHD 4K with frame rates from 5 fps to 30 fps.
- Both 3.5mm microphone and headphone ports contribute to greater audio recording control and quality.
- Electronic viewfinder features a 5.76m-dot OLED panel, offering a bright and clean means for eye-level monitoring. The finder has a 0.83x-equivalent magnification, a 21mm eye point, and 120 fps refresh rate for realistic motion rendering.
- 3.0" 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design with 270° of swivel to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Lightweight, durable magnesium alloy body design is dust- and splash-resistant with an IP53 rating for ensured use in trying weather conditions.
- Tough design is also freezeproof-tested for reliable use in temperatures down to 14°F.
- Durable shutter design is rated for 400,000 shutter actuations.
- Utilizing the new BLX-1 battery, the OM-1 is rated for 520 shots per charge. In-body battery charging is possible via the USB type-C port, and the camera itself can also be powered using a USB-connected power bank.
- Dual UHS-II SD memory card slots for flexible file saving, including making in-camera backups, splitting file types, or just for having additional memory on hand for overflow storage.
- Updated menu configuration makes it easier to find different settings, confirm settings selections, and understand why grayed-out items cannot be selected.
- Separate AEL and AF-ON buttons for easier, more direct control over the different functions. Both buttons can also be customized to adjust different settings.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (5 and 2.4GHz) allow wireless file transferring and remote control over the camera via the OI.Share app for mobile devices.
An excellent choice for content creators, the lens features a high-speed movie and still compatible autofocus system for fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance, and with a minimum focusing distance of just 7.9" you can get close-up shots whenever you desire. Safeguarding the lens is a reliable weather-sealed design to ensure the lens' performance in inclement and harsh conditions, and a fluorine lens coating provides additional protection from dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt.
- The lens construction integrates two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements, two aspherical elements, one DSA (dual super aspherical) element, one EDA extra-low dispersion aspherical element, one HD element, and two HR (high-refractive index) elements into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- A ZERO (Zuiko extra-low reflection optical) coating minimizes lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Fluorine coating provides protection to the optical system and repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt, ensuring easy removal even when they adhere to the lens surface.
- Standard wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-80mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and selective focus control throughout the zoom range. Combined with a rounded seven-blade diaphragm, this produces a smooth bokeh quality beneficial to portraiture and close-up photography.
- Movie and still compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Reliable weather-sealed design ensures the lens's performance in inclement and harsh conditions.
The BLX-1 Lithium-Ion Battery from OM System features a capacity of 2280mAh and provides 7.2V of output power. Small and lightweight, lithium-ion batteries can be charged or discharged at any time without suffering from memory effects.
- OM-1 Mirrorless Camera
A simple connection cable for offloading imagery between your camera and a computer, the CB-USB13 USB Connection Cable from OM SYSTEM is compatible with the OM-1 Mirrorless Camera.